The Stagnant Existence of Life

Life is evasive, cruel and lacks meaning. No one has been able to ascertain the meaning of life, because quite simply, there isn't one.

The meaning of life is not love because it evades many, and it is not happiness for the same reason. Life is nothing but a struggle to stay alive and suffer through a meaningless existence of obstacles and petty rewards. We would seek things we would later take for granted. We suffer through the loss of our loved ones until we finally meet the Reaper.

Yet, there are things that make life bearable and perhaps worthwhile. True love is one of those things. Love can supply us with lifeblood and happiness. Having a companion to share memorable moments and reminisce is an irreplaceable treasure that so many take for granted. Then, life twists and you're alone, grieving and broken and life becomes nothing but suffering and pain.

They say the obstacles you face in life make you stronger, but do they really? The obstacles haunt you, your mistakes terrorize you and slowly everything wears you down and you become weak.

Despite Thorn's happiness I could see the pain, terror and suffering in his cold blue eyes. I could see what haunted him, and what tormented his soul. He grew weak trying to hide it from me, and eventually his strength gave way and he confessed to me all of his sins. He released his burden and trusted me with his crimes and transgressions.

I saw relief in Thorn's eyes, his appreciation. I watched the spark of life return to his chilling eyes. Life had been cruel to him, and it would turn out to be just as cruel to me. Perhaps human suffering is the meaning of life.

11/10/12

(C) Cyanide Suicide and Misstake Productions, All Rights Reserved