The Stuff of Dreams

Dreams are incredible things. They allow us to live out fantasies that we normally can't fulfill in every day life. In our dreams we can do whatever we wish, the only limit is the human mind.

On the other side of the coin, nightmares can paralyze us with fear and scare us awake. Everyone has nightmares at some point in their life, however, the severity differs. Nightmares can be terrifying and uncomfortable. They can consume our mind, gnaw at our nerve endings and torment us while we're awake. Nightmares are one of the biggest traumas that our mind inflicts on us. Nightmares can drive our sanity away and leave us in a compromised state.

Dreams help us keep our sanity, they give us a shred of peace and comfort. Dreams help rejuvenate our soul and keep us young. Our dreams can help reveal our innermost desires and lead us down life's path. Nightmares can haunt us and cause us to make ill fated decisions.

Sometimes our dreams reveal darker intentions.

I wish I could have stayed in my dreams, it was the only place that I didn't feel pain. I didn't suffer or cry. I was cut off from the terror I was going through each day. In my dreams I was with my husband, and at peace. I was happy and comfortable. When I was awake I was terrorized for being a witch.

Dreams gave me a shred of hope and peace that I couldn't otherwise attain.

But, it was nightmares that began to haunt my sleep that night, nightmares that tested the boundaries of the human mind. I smelled blood, even though I was dreaming. I even felt pain. I tossed and turned my beaten body as Dante began to torment my sleep. I couldn't escape. My life had become a revolving nightmare.

It was one of the few times that I would have welcomed the sweet embrace of Death.

Author Note: I know it's been a while since I updated, and I'm sorry. I've been super busy and am having a bit of writer's block on how to finish this book. I need another conflict that'll span at least 2-4 chapters, any and all ideas are welcome, I would actually like to hear what you guys come up with. There won't be another installment for a while, unless I can find another topic to write on. This excerpt is from the re-write of chapter 7.  I'm contemplating posting entire chapters, let me know if you would read them, because they would be long. I would make a separate story for for chapters so this doesnt' get cluttered. All feedback is appreciated.

Anyway, I want to hear your ideas on how to end the story. After Darva returns home with Thorn, she spends time recovering from her torture. After she overcomes her trauma ????

Read and comment! <3