Strange Miracles

“Little boy, do you hear flowers screaming for help?” Vered didn’t understand the stranger’s words at the time. He simply dismissed it as something a person high and out of their mind would say, but, as he got older, it slowly started to make sense. The stranger was never referring to flowers per se. They were talking about the Earth’s slow turn into a death trap. Vered worked day and night to prove to the stranger that earth can be helped, just as those poor flowers had asked. He built gadgets and machines, but none of them ever worked. That was until the day he was experiencing strange vertigo. His head felt it was at the brink of exploding and, if he ever opened his mouth, he felt like he would vomit in every which way. Ideas and visions wouldn’t stop flashing before his eyes. Everything he built was done so in a haze of temporary genius until he came across the perfect way to fix it all. 

This time his machine worked. Much like those strange miracles that we scarcely experience. Of course, though, Vered’s machine had its quirks, but it got him to the place he was exposed to. It took him to a heavenly garden that sparkled like glitter. A garden where he followed a familiar path until he reached a tiny black-haired boy who was casually picking flowers he wanted to give to his mother. When he reached the boy, Vered called out to him and said, “Little boy, do you hear the flowers screaming for help?”

0Local_Idiot0