f o u r | Zane

Ninjago City. It was the most freaking big thing I have ever seen. I came from a small town so this was a huge step up. Less grass more concrete, more roads, more traffic lining those roads. Huge buildings that scraped at the clouds. People everywhere.

And I'd be lying if I said I didn't love it. I stared around in awe as people shoved by me and ran around.

I had on a lavender tank top and a denim jacket along with a white scarf with flowers like Chinese ink drawings on it. My hair was braided down my shoulder and was seriously tickling my neck.

I slung my duffel over my shoulder and took it all in.

Yup. I could get used to this. It was loud though.

Now what do I do? My stomach growled insistently. Yup, lunch.

I walked around in circles for awhile until I saw a dude with four frick'n arms.

Oh yeah I totally have to ask him. "Hi!" I know I was bouncing on my toes like a weirdo but I was so excited.

The man turned and raised his eyebrow at me. "Hello, can I help you puny human?"

I frowned at the words. Excuse me sir but I have longer legs than most people!

"I was wondering if you knew any restaurants nearby that were cheap?"

He laughed. "This is Ninjago City, any place that isn't overly dressed in white silk is considered cheap!"

He pointed to a building across the street. "Go there, it's closest and tastes good." Then he turned and walked away. His phone rang and he began talking through the phone.

"No, Luh-Lloyd why on earth would you want to turn the heat down? Volcanic temperatures are great for the skin!"

I shrugged and strolled up to the large building. On the base floor was indeed a restaurant.

I pushed the door open. It was homey, full of nice smells of Japanese cuisine. Small decorations that's showed the culture were around the dark rustic restaurant, a long bar was on one side and various booths were in the other.

I took a spot at the bar and placed my duffel on the floor.

"Greetings fellow teenager." A clear polite voice greeted me.

I blinked and looked over the bar to see a boy standing there. He had blonde hair that was almost white and blue eyes that were completely mesmerizing. They were this unnatural blue and seemed to glow.

He wore a casual uniform with the restaurant logo and an apron.

"Hello." I replied with a smile. "Is everyone here so formal?"

He furrowed his brow like he was thinking. "Not that I know of, the internet reads that during this age formal speech isn't often used."

  "Okay." I chuckled.

  "Did I say something amusing?" He tilted his head to one side.

  "Oh no!" I rushed quickly. Great job Gwen. "I just...laughed in a friendly way. It's a thing back at home."

  It is so not but I did not want to offend someone of my first day here.

"And where is that?"

  "Hm?" I asked as I studied the menu.

  "Home? You spoke as if you aren't from here." He blinked.

  "Oh I'm from out of the city. A small town called Jamakai." I replied.

  The boy moved to quickly hand a women a salad he had been assembling. "That is very far from here, exactly nine hours by plane."