f o u r t e e n | Nose Goes

"You know what's concerning?" I asked.

  Zane turned his wide blue eyes to me. "What?"

  "That giant wave heading toward us right now."

  Zane yelled as the wave rose like a monster over us.

Nya threw her hands in the air, trying to stall it as beads of sweat ran from her temple. Kai put his hand on her shoulder.

  "LLOYD! Quick!" He shouted.

  Lloyd spun the wheel expertly. His eyes narrowed with determination.

  Suddenly his phone rang. Lloyd cursed and wedged the device between his ear and shoulder as he tried in vain to dodge the waves.

  "Dad this isn't a good time!" He yelled over the chaos.

I wiped the water and wet hair sticking to my forehead as I gripped the lines attached to the mast.

  "No you can't go over the grocery budget!" Lloyd snapped as Nya tried desperately to control two waves at once. Lightning struck dangerously close to us and Lloyd pushed a lever making the boats motors whirl.

  "We need to get this thing in the air!" He yelled briefly before stopping to snap at his father why they couldn't go over the food budget for gummy worms.

  "We can't!" Zane exclaimed. "This exact current is the only thing leading to the island. The island was taken off all GPS's for security reasons and we can't go by air or we'll be struck down by the Lightning."

  "I'm gonna die." Kai moaned.

  I cursed as my shoe slipped on the soaked deck. My knee now has a serious bruise.

  "Well?" I scowled. "What are we going to do now?"

  Lloyd swore when a wave crashed into us, drenching us more in cold salty sea water. I sputtered and blinked droplets from my eyelashes.

  "Luh-Lloyd, don't you dare hang up-" Garmadon yelled from the phone as Llpyd promptly jabbed the red button with the hang up insignia with his thumb and stuffed it in the pocket of his gi.

   "Guys! We're almost there! We can dock the ship and take the water mech from here!" Lloyd shouted.

  "are you crazy?" Nya yelled as another wave doused us in the beautiful deep blue sea.

  "It's the best bet!"

  "Dammit Zane!" Kai yelled. "Why did you make us do this for a girl!"

  Zane let out a sound of protest.

  "I don't like the idea of going in the water that's being electrified." Jay said nervously as Nya readied the water mech.

  "Dude, you're the lightning ninja. You're like, immune to electricity." Cole told him.

  "Oh! Okay then." Jay said happily.

  He leaned over to Kai. "I don't actually know if that's true." He stage whispered.

  "We can't fit that many people in the mech so whose hanging onto the side?" Nya asked. Everyone's hands flew to their nose. I fumbled to jab my own.

  "Gwen you were last." Nya pointed at me. "Zane because this is your fault, Lloyd because you have to, and...Kai because you're annoying to be with in a crowded space."

  Kai gasped. "No I'm not!"

  "Zane, help Gwen get on the gear." Lloyd instructed.

  I fumbled with the wet suit and harness. Muttering to myself. "Can't believe this... Hate water....can't even frick'n swim...thanks a lot Nana..."