t e n | Drowned

The water was cold. So frick'n cold. It was like being bathed in ice. It made me feel numb and I couldn't stop shivering, I squinted, the water was uncomfortable on my eyes but it was okay.

All I could see was water. It was dark but Zane seemed to navigate just fine. I clung on, ignoring my shivering body and my clothes sticking to my skin. I had left my bag in Zane's mech so I'm totally changing after.

My lungs were beginning to strain but I could take it. Until something grabbed me. I let out a scream as I was yanked back. Someone had pulled my arms behind my back but I was not going to get kidnapped right now.

A hand went for my mouth but I but hard and smashed my head back into the face.

I could hear cursing through the sound of the person breathing through the oxygen tank but when I tried to move away another person pulled me back.

I saw Zane spin around and go swimming towards me as the mysterious people yelled when he threw a shuriken at them.

"Tie her to the tether before he gets here." I heard the one restraining me say.

Oh god.

I kicked and thrashed, successfully landing a blow at ones crotch but they managed to wrap seem sort of heavy chain to my wrist. I called them names that Nana would not like whatsoever.

Water filled my mouth and I snapped it closed when my oxygen began to run out. Zane appeared just as the attackers fled. He gripped the chain and yanked it, only managing to sprain my wrist, making me cry out.

He looked panicked as I fought to hold on, my lungs burning. He took a shuriken and began to slice it across the chains. It made a decent cut in the chain but time was running out.

I did a small intake of water and began coughing. Fear gripped me when I couldn't inhale any oxygen and water filled it lungs. I could hear Zane talking to me but I was barely aware of what was going on when suddenly his eyes lit up. Now like happy lit up but like a light bulb.

I was losing consciousness and my brain was loopy but I could've sworn opened up a panel in his arm and tapped a few buttons before pressing his mouth against mine.

Hold crap, what the...?

Air filled my mouth as I breathed in oxygen. My eyes fluttered closed and the last thing I saw was those glowing blue eyes....

****

I sputtered and my eyes flew open as I jerked straight up. I was frantic as I tried to figure out where the heck I was.

  "Don't worry Gwendolyn, you are in safe hands, I suggest you relax and lay back down." A familiar voice said calmly.

  I whipped my head around to face him. I was in...someone's bed and Zane was seated in a chair beside me. I tried to speak but all I got was a croak.

  Zane stood and handed me a cup. It was some clean water and I quickly chugged it.

  "Where are we? What happened? Also why the heck do your eyes glow?" I yelled as soon as my throat was smooth.

  Zane winced and a soft laughter drifted from the door. I turned to see the blonde boy from the restaurant leaning against the door frame.

  "You're at my parents apartment, in my room." The boy answered. He shrugged off the frame and stepped over.

  He stuck his hand. "I'm Lloyd, Lloyd Garmadon."

  I took it awkwardly. "Apparently someone grabbed you when trying to escape through the water channel and you almost drowned." Lloyd explained, sitting down on a rather large stack of pillows. "My mom's a nurse so Zane and Uncle Wu brought you here."