n i n e t e e n | Digging Some New Dirt

"Is Gwendolyn alright?" Kai asked as he looked uneasily at where I was sulking in my hoody on the deck as they put the large plank down so we could get off this stick'n ship.

"Don't think so. All I know is that she smashed Sensei's teapot." Cole whispered. Kai's eyes widened.

  "Really? Wow." Jay said in awe.

"Everyone shut up." I muttered. "I just found out that the annoying old man knew where the 'red tree of love' was the whole time."

She handed Nya the clue. She opened it. "Yup, it says 'Ask Wu'."

"So we didn't have to break into a dead gods tomb?" Zane asked.

"And we didn't have to break into the generals island?" Nya grumbled.

"And I didn't have to get a head injury?" Lloyd muttered.

I nodded. "See why I smashed his teapot?"

"Sometimes the quest isn't about making it to the end, it's about the experience throughout the journey." Wu's irritatingly wise voice called from where he then stepped off of the boat.

  "There's a hidden message in everything and maybe now you will see what this is all was really about." His eyes rested on me, boring into my soul like it was pulling every guilty though, every setting emotion, every painful memory, and scanning it almost like God will do when he chooses if we'll go to heaven or hell.

*******

"Wow." I breathed as I stepped off of the plank. The monastery was beautiful, almost right out of Mulan. With that amazing historic sloped roof, the red pillars, and the huge fairytale garden!

  Wu led us over the bridge. I felt like I was in a Monet painting when I stared at the lily pads below.

"That's it. I'm moving in here." I said.

Kai shook his head. "In this place? It's too tranquil for me." He wrinkled his nose.

"That's because your house is like a pig pen." Nya told him.

"No it isn't!" Kai snapped.

"Uh, yeah it is." Cole spoke up.

"You're never getting any girls with a stinky room." I recited. "That's what my Nana always said."

Kai scowled.

"Kai just broke up with his girlfriend again." Cole's whispered.

"Oh, that's to bad." I felt a wave of pity.

Lloyd snorted, picking seeds that fell from a nearby tree out of his blonde hair. "It would be if they hadn't broken up already like twenty times."

I furrowed my brow. "They argue all the time, at one moment they hate each other then they love each other, it gets tiring so we stopped feeling bad for hi, since they'll get together again." Cole shrugged.

"Unless he does something really stupid then Isla's staying as far away from him as possible." Nya piped up.

Kai stomped away after Master Wu who had carried down a path around the building. We all hurried after.

  He stopped at the base of a hill. He motioned towards it. I looked up. At the top of the hill was a large cherry blossom, newly in bloom with beautiful pink petals that fell lightly into the stream below.

  "That's were your Grandfather proposed to your grandmother." Wu told me. "I remember it very well, it had been a long time since she had visited and when she did there was a young man with her. He had proposed to her right then and there under that tree. It was her favourite, where she wrote some of her best."

  I smiled and began climbing the hill. When I got to the top I could almost feel Nana's spirit there. I stared at the tree, admiring it's dark trunk and the thick ridges in the bark. I narrowed my eyes when I noticed a peculiar line running across the bark. Only then did I notice the carving. It wasn't their initials like all those cheesy love stories but rather just a small heart.

  Zane joined me under the tree as I stared in awe. "Is this what Nana wanted to show me?" I wondered.

  "Maybe she wasted to show you the X on the ground." Zane suggested.

  I glanced down. Yes, there was an X there. Just like treasure. It made made specifically out of some beautiful orchids planted in a straight like yo make the letter.

  "She wants me to dig up flowers? How cruel!" I muttered, but I scooped gently in there anyway, I took out the flower gently so we could replant it and my hands found a small box.

  I pulled it out and opened it, revealing a folded piece of paper.

  I glanced at Zane a large smile on my face as I went to open it-

"Stop right there!" A voice growled. Zane was up in a second, an arrow notched and ready, pointed directly at them. But he froze when he saw more people circling them, each with a gun to the ninja and my head.

  "That belongs to us." The figure threw back her hood, revealing a beautiful fair female face.

A/N*****

If you're wondering why I hadn't updated in a while it was because when I was writing what chapter it was I realized "oh hey, I'm almost done the book." And then I just stopped! I don't know why! I mean, wouldn't you get excited and start writing more? Not me apparently because I just stopped writing.

Anyways, sorry about that! Here is the chapter now!

LuckyBugBooks 🐞