Americans

Evie goes head over heals and lands in a sand dune. I get down of my camel and help my sister up. "Nevermind" O'Connell says as he stops in front of us I glare at him for mocking Evie . "You boys own me five hundred dollars" I look up at him and then he looks down at me and continues " and yes you can have half." Whilst giving me a wink and a smile. I hear Evie scoff again and when I turn to look at her she's facing the other way.

*time skip*

We all crowd around a crevice, which goes down into the ruins, I open my bag and get out some rope and pass it to O'Connell , are hands grazed and Evie speaks up from behind "Can we hurry this up?" He ties it around a pillar and is about to repel down when Jonathan looks down and hits his back against the face of Anubis. " That thing is creepy" "Hey be nice that thing saved my life" O'Connell responds, I start cleaning an ancient mirror and position it to catch the sun when Evie says "That 'thing' gets me excited. "The things that get you excited" both me and O'Connell say at the same time sarcastically 'I swear we could read each others minds at times- like they always say great minds think alike'. Evie starts blabbing about how Bembridge say that inside the statue of Anubis is the Book of the Living. When finally O'Connell asks "What are those old mirrors for?" "ANCIENT, ANCIENT MIRRORS. Oh and its an ANCIENT Egyptian trick you'll see." 'My sister once more embarrassing not only herself but me and Jonathan'

Well we rappelled down. "Do you realize we are standing in a room that no one has entered in over three thousand years?" "Hate to burst your bubble Evie but I was her just last week" I say. "Who cares I don't see any treasure" the warden complains "You're welcome to my share of spider webs" I snicker at O'Connell comments as Evie rolls her eye mumbling something about him being as childish as I am. I snicker at that as well, " It stinks" 'way to go Jonathan pointing out the obvious' He starts sniffing around, I felt heat rising to my check 'he is so embarrassing!' He stops sniffing at the warden-and when the warden wasn't looking he screwed up his face, I chuckled at my younger sibling.

Evie brushes away cobwebs from a mirror on the wall and re-positions it on the pedestal, trying to catch the light, I went over and angled it and then the room burst into light. "That is a neat trick" O'Connell says. "It's a preparation room" "Already knew that" I said and then she glared at me so I shut up. 'I swear she can be scary' "Preparation for what?" O'Connell says some what nervously. "For entering the afterlife" Evie says then there was a gust of wind coming from a passage way, both O'Connell and I pull out our guns. "Mummies, my good son this is where they made mummies."

Evie starts down the passage way, we follow behind her. All of us have to crouch to walk through the narrow passage way but the short and fat warden. We hear something and freeze, it sounded like someone clawing on the walls. We slowly advance me and Rick taking the lead. The noise starts getting louder and then it stops. Rick and myself take out two pistols each and hand our torches to Jonathan and Evie and cock them. We slowly advance to the lower half of Anubis. We hear the sound again from around the corner of the statue, it gets closer and closer. 'Please don't let it be the scarab beetles' I think. I nod at Rick and we both jump around the corner guns raised. Only to be staring down the barrels of some guns our-self. But quickly before we pull the trigger we realize it's only the Americans.

"Ya scared the bejeezus out of us O'Connell" Henderson says "Likewise" I reply causing the Americans to stare at me then burst out laughing. " You better put that down sweetheart or you'll break a nail." Burns says laughing like a hyena as they lower their guns. "Ha ha ha" I laugh and sickly sweet reply "I suggest you shut your mouth cause there's one place I favor to shot the most and we wouldn't want that now would we?" Giving them a big smile and thought 'I probably look and sound like a serial killer right now.'

Daniels is the first one to recover but still looks fearful " This here is our statue friend" "I don't see your name on it.... pal" Rick replies and then out of the shadows the Egyptologist and five diggers appear guns raised at us. "Ten to one and a half O'Connell, your odds are not so good" Beni replies and I swear I would have shot him there if it didn't mean that it would end in a gun fight with me and my siblings dead, and Rick. They would be doing me a favor if they killed the warden though. "I have had worse and she" he nods his head in my direction" she has a pretty good aim" I blush unused to the praise and look away; I can feel Evie's glare on the back of my head, the Americans scoff "Yeah me too" Jonathan says, I glare at him 'not the time Jonathan not the time' Beni grins we stand there for a while guns aimed our targets. Until Evie pulls both Rick and my arms down saying, "Lets be nice children if we are going to play together we must learn to share" I roll my eyes at her while the Americans laugh. She walks away with the Warden and Jonathan following behind, Rick starts to follow them until he realizes I haven't left yet. He pulls on my arm signalling to leave, I turn to walk away and this sets the Americans off again especially Burns. I quickly turn around and slug him in the jaw, making him fall back onto his friends,their faces were priceless, smirking I turn away and start whistling as I walked. I could have swore I heard Rick say something that sounded like 'Damn that must have hurt!'.