24

Shawn POV

The kids are at school and I'm left at home with my beautiful wife. We're just chilling on the living room couch just watching TV.

"Bey, I'm going to the kitchen. Want anything?" I asked as I stood up.

"A sandwich will be fine," she said warmly.

"What kind?"

"Any will be fine babe."

I went to the kitchen and got myself some chips and made Bey a peanut butter sandwich. I placed it on a plate and went back to the living room and gave it to her.

"Here you are baby," I said handing her the plate with the peanut butter sandwich.

"Thank-... What the hell is this?" She said with the peanut butter sandwich in her hands. "I didn't say I wanted this," she spat.

"You said you wanted a sandwich," I said defending myself.

"So now I'm a liar?" She spat as she stood up and walked closer to me.

"I didn't mean-"

"So what did you mean? You could have just said so if you didn't want to make me a sandwich. Move," she said angrily as she pushed me out of the way.

I just don't get what I did. She asked for any type of sandwich and I decided on peanut butter sandwich, now she's pissed because I didn't give her what she wanted.

I followed her into the kitchen. I watched her slice the bananas and placing the slices in the sandwich. She then made two more sandwiches then she started devouring them.

"Don't you think you should slow down otherwise you'll gain-"

"Are you calling me fat?" She spat as she shot her head to my direction.

"No. I didn't mean it like that-"

"What exactly did you mean? Next time you call me fat, imma slap your face with some divorce papers."

What did I say that triggered her to be this mad?

She finished her sandwiches and she washed them down with a glass of orange juice. She then went back to the living room and I trailed behind her.

"I'm sorry baby," I said as she made herself comfortable on the couch.

"What exactly are you sorry for?" She asked as she rubbed her belly and flipped through the channels.

This woman. Saying sorry for something I didn't do is already hard, now she wants me to state the reason?

"You know what? Imma go and pick up Dave because I'm getting sick and tired of you right now," I said.

"That makes the both of us then," she said with her eyes glued to the TV screen.

I went to take my keys and I was off.

***

I decided to wait in my office with Dave until it was time to go pick up the twins.

"Mom said all that?" Sam said catching her breath as I retold the story of what happened back in the house.

"I'm telling you, all women are crazy," I said pulling up the driveway.

The kids got out and went inside. For safety, I was right behind them.

I slowly walked into the living room and I peeped there.

"Relax dad, she ain't there," Sky said. "She's probably in the master bedroom slash baby nursery."