The Quarterback 2

Yn POV

It's been three months since I first met Aubrey Graham at that party and let me say...

That man is persistent.

He comes to the bookstore every single day to see how I'm doing. He's sent me flowers and proposed multiple outings. I decided to hang out with him once...as friends. He's a nice guy actually.

I won't lie, we've gotten close. But I can't afford to be in a relationship. Especially not with him. He's shown me he's a good guy and I want to believe him.

But I'm scared. His life is so different and out there. I just don't wanna get hurt. And I think he can do a lot better. He can't know this though.

I was at home watching Big Mouth with a big box of pizza on my bed. That's one of my guilty pleasures, I can't help it.

I heard a Big Bang in my house. What was that?

I leave my room and peak out the door. I see a masked figure in the hallway with a bag. My heart rate shot up instantly.

"Holy shit," I whisper to myself. I didn't know what to do. I grab my phone and go into my bathroom and lock the door.

I should've brought a weapon with me. What the hell is wrong with me.

I call 911 immediately. "Hello how can we help you?"

"There's someone in my house...I don't know what they are doing here but they're intruding and I'm hiding in my bathroom."

"Alright ma'am we will be there," the operator hangs up. I can still hear shuffling around the house and I was gonna pee on myself.

I open my phone and tap on the first number I see.

"Hey princess, what's—," I cut Aubrey off.

"There's someone in my house and I don't know what to do," I whisper. "I called 911 but—," he cuts me off.

"I'm coming princess," he hangs up before I can say anything. He can't come here, what if the person is armed? I can see the headlines already.

Five Star NFL athlete Aubrey Graham murdered by intruder when he went to help a friend. Police say the girl should've never called him to come help. More updates to come.

Oh shit.

I sit in my bathtub and hide myself away. I couldn't tell if there was still someone in the house or not.

Then I hear a loud noise. "PRINCESS?"

I hear footsteps coming towards my room. "Yn where are you?"

Aubrey.

I unlock the bathroom door and he gives me a tight hug. "Are you okay? I came prepared but I didn't see anyone."

"There's no one here?"

Before he can respond, I hear police arriving outside. "The police didn't already get here?" He frowns. "I know I ran a lot of red lights but I didn't think I'd get here before them."

I go outside and the police enter the house. "Is everything okay?"

What kind of stupid question.

"The person seems to have fled," Aubrey tells them.

They ask me what I saw and if I knew of any reason why someone would come in my house.

"Well you can't stay here...they may come back," the police officer tells me. "You have arrangements."

"Yeah I'll call—," Aubrey cuts me off. "She's staying with me."

I look at him and he winks at me. "You don't have a choice princess."