Chapter 9 - The Kid

"So the kid is with you?" Misty asked.

              "Yeah, I'll text you my address and you can get over here," Vincent answered. 

              "I understand, I'll be over as soon as possible," Misty responded. She hung up and pocketed her phone. After a second the phone buzzed notifying her of a new text from Vincent. 

               "Wait, hold up," Zach interjected.

             "What's up?" Misty asked. 

              "You heard him say caught, right?" Zach asked. 

               "Uh, yeah. What's your point?" Misty asked. 

               "That's a pretty weird thing to say about a kid we're supposed to rescue," Zach pointed out. 

               "So? You and I say weird things all the time," Misty countered. 

               "I still don't trust him," Zach said. 

                 "Look, I understand your hesitation, but, this is about helping the kid. And, if there is a chance we can do that, we should. If it'll make you feel better I can text the others that we're going there," Misty offered. 

                 "I guess you're right. As long as you text them that we're going," Zach nodded. Misty sent a text to Terrisa about where they were going, the address, and why.

               "Any more complaints?" Misty asked. 

               "Since you offered, I have a few," Zach snickered. 

             "Well, ask them on the way, smart guy," Misty said opening the door and walking out. Zach followed and Misty locked the door behind them. 

               "I still think we should have a backup plan in case this is a ploy to kidnap you and harvest your organs," Zach said. They both started walking.

                "I see your point, but- wait! What about your organs!" Misty said, slightly raising her voice.

              "My organs have been damaged by gallons of soda I down, so your organs are probably in better condition," Zach offered. 

              "Why do you drink so much pop anyways?" Misty asked. 

               "It helps me work, kind of a weird tick or habit to help me focus I guess," Zach answered, shrugging. 

              "Wish you had a healthier habit," Misty laughed. 

             "No, cause, I don't exactly have a family, so, all my stuff will go to my friends," Zach grinned.

             "Yeah, I'd love a bunch of electronic parts that I have no idea how to use and may or may not be deadly," Misty said sarcastically. 

              "There'd be books too," Zach insisted. 

               "Well, you're not gonna be dying anytime soon on my watch," Misty said. 

               "Aww, you care," Zach teased. 

                "No, just need to make sure you're like thirty before you die so I can also collect your money," Misty snickered. 

                "Sure, sure," Zach chuckled, "Seriously though, we should think of a plan." 

                 "Hm, well if he has more people, other than him and the kid, then we turn instantly start backing up. Otherwise, I believe we can overpower one guy if we need to. I mean, I do have a dagger," Misty confidently said.