Chapter 12 - The Funhouse

"Wait, Imps?! What in this world is up with you two? And why did she just cut her own foot?!" Eric asked, practically bursting with confusion. 

                   "Huh, I thought Euca was a boy. Oh, and it's uh- long story, sorry," Misty started to think of how to explain. 

                  "Imps and elves are real. Imps want forest gone you want forest stay. Imps want you dead." Euca quickly explained, "Stay low, still likely you die though." 

                   "Don't be so blunt," Misty interjected. Eric's breathing was irregular. He started looking around anxiously. His face didn't even bother hiding the mixture of fear and panic. 

                    "How... are you not freaking out!?" Eric asked, pressing himself to the floor. 

                    "To be fair... I'm definitely panicking, but, more focused on what imps are," Misty explained. She calmly pinned herself to the chilling metal floor of the cart, "Plus, all this doesn't really feel real. I guess it just hasn't sunk in, so neither has the panic." 

                      "Why haven't they shot again," Eric asked. 

                   "Could be a lot of things. I'm hoping it's that if they did shoot and it didn't pierce the cart, it'd one, make tons of sound, and two, could ricochet and hit a random person. At least, that's my assumption," Misty offered, pulling out her phone and texting Terrisa. Misty 2:03 - Terrisa, stay low with everyone, Euca told us our cart just got shot at by someone so don't die, please.

                 Terrisa 2:03 - Euca doesn't speak, though. 

                 Misty 2:04 - Yeah I know Euca doesn't talk but they did just get down seriously.

                 Terrisa 2:04 - Don't have to tell me thrice. Misty pocketed her phone back into her jacket. "Eric, have you calmed down?" Misty asked. Eric took a couple of deep breaths and shifted around to look at Misty. 

                "Calm isn't the word I'd use... but, functioning," he responded, his eyes gave quick anxious glances at the thin sheet of metal which acted as the only barrier between them and the unknown attacker. Misty looked over at Euca who was laying on their back and watching clouds.  

                "As soon as we get down, we book it to that forest funhouse you mentioned, got me?" Misty told Eric. He nodded, hitting his chin on the metal floor.

                 "Ow," Eric winced. They waited for their cart to reach the bottom. As soon as it did, Misty grabbed Eric and pulled him, running with Euca to the back of a food stall. Misty pulled her phone out and texted Terrisa.

                   Misty 2:07 - At the back of a stall

                Terrisa 2:07 - Yep yep we'll meet you there Misty shoved her phone back in her jacket pocket. "Weren't we gonna run for the funhouse?" Eric asked. He had the back of his head covered with both hands.

                 "Yeah, but, we can make a sprint for it from here. I wanted to try and talk with the others before that though. I doubt they'd shoot at a stall anyways," Misty explained. 

                    "I think we'd just be losing time," Eric gritted his teeth, uneasy. 

               "I guess we can explain over call. However, I don't know if they all will be able to hear us even on speaker. Or if they'd understand the situation we're in," Misty sighed.