Chapter 11 - The Fair

Misty and Eric paid their entry fee, getting green wristbands with white text that said, Save the city's forest, Help the cause. The wristband allowed them to go in and out while simultaneously promoting the protests. "So did you guys decide where you were going to meet up?" Eric asked

                 "Uh, haha... ha... you know, that would've been smart," Misty nodded. 

                   "Pfft, I'll take that as a no. Alright, uh well can you text them and see where they're at?" Eric asked. 

                   "Yeah, gimmie a sec," Misty said, plucking her phone from their jacket and quickly shooting Terrisa a request for their location. She waited a bit, looking at her phone expectantly. Her face scrunched up a little after the one minute mark, "Huh, that's weird... she usually responds right away." 

                     "Maybe on a ride?" Eric suggested, looking around the fair. 

                   "You're right," she sighed, "Let's just walk around until I get a text back." She stretched her arms arm, shoved her phone into her pocket, readjusted her jacket, and started walking around the fair with Eric. 

                     "Hey, Misty, can we stop for some funnel cake?" Eric asked, eyeing one of the food stalls. 

                   "Uh, hold up," Misty said, checking her left jean pocket for her money, she pulled out about fifteen dollars, "Sure, just let's not overdo it though, okay?" 

                    Eric swiftly nodded and hastily ran over to the stall, "One funnel cake, please! Hey, Misty, you want anything?" Eric turned to her, asking. 

                    Misty tilted her head up to the menu, it listed funnel cake, lemonade, and sodas, among other things. "I guess... I'll take a lemonade, otherwise, I'll just steal some bites of your funnel cake," Misty snickered. 

                    Eric's eyes narrowed at Misty, "I kindly ask you to eat less than ten percent of the cake... please," Eric said, then turned back to the cart, "And one lemonade." 

                   "What's that look for, you realize I'm paying for it right?" Misty asked. 

                    "Fair, sorry... just really like funnel cake," Eric said, spinning around and stepping to the side to face Misty and get out of the way of other customers. 

                       "Alright, you're forgiven, just this once though," Misty chuckled. She walked over next to him, "So, this is all for boosting the support of the whole 'save the forest' movement right?"

                   "Yep, if you look at the rides," Eric said, gesturing to the rides which all had some sign near or on them about the movement, "They each have some way of spreading the word, additionally, you get facts of forest benefits and stuff when you get on the rides either from the tickets which have about ten different fun facts on them or the ride controllers who say interesting information from a sheet here and there."

                  "Woah, that's actually extremely clever and interesting," Misty said with intrigue in her voice. She was looking around at all the rides with signs about saving the forest. 

                    "I know right, it was really well thought!" Eric said, moving around and gesturing to the whole fair excitedly, "My favorite thing is the ticket facts!" 

                     "Yeah! Everyone who worked on this must be really proud," Misty nodded. 

                   "Yeah... I'm sure," Eric agreed, but his face suddenly looked sad, "I'm sure he would be."