95

>>Word count; 1011<<

A/N: Hell yeahhhh it's the Hilltop babyyyy, also this chapter isn't that entertaining.. I'm starting to get a little writers block and i'm sad :( Sorry this chapter came out so late. ❤

~Katherine's Pov~Small time lapse~

Carl was okay, he lost an eye but thank God he was okay. I prayed for the first time in years because I was so afraid to lose him. I'm just glad he was okay, God or not.. He's alive and that's all that matters. Rick and Daryl were going out on a run today. I kept looking at Daryl as he got ready, I was still in bed, laying on my stomach just looking at him. I was so scared when he went out there now. He's gone out a couple of times with Rick but all those times I was scared that they wouldn't come back. "Stop starin'." he said putting on a shirt. I kept looking at him though, "I don't want you to go.." I said. He looked back at me, buttoning up his shirt. "Yeah, I know you don't." He said looking at me. "I'll come back," He said looking at my shoulder. "Clean it up alright.?" he asked looking at the wound. I nodded a bit as he looked back at me. "Okay." I said. He leaned down and kissed my back. "Get up." he said putting a hand on the back of my head then getting up.

I got up and got dressed and went downstairs to meet up with him. "Do you have to go.?" I asked. He looked back at me, "Yeah, you know i do. Rick wants me out there with him." He said walking up to me. "What's goin' on with you." He said. I sighed shaking my head, then walking over to the kitchen. "What." He said. "Nothing. I just overthink when you're out there after last time." i said getting out what i needed to make some breakfast before he leaves. "I came back. Been comin' back." He said. "Yeah i know." i said and stopped, looking out the window. I shook my head and washed my hands. He came over to me and leaned against the counter looking at me. "I'm comin' back." he said. I looked over to him and nodded, "okay," i said softly. "Alright.? Stop worryin' about me.. You're gonna start getting grey hairs." He said tugging on my hair a bit. I clicked my tongue and flicked water at him. "Watch it." He said wiping his face.

"I did." I said looking at him. "You worry about me. I worry about you." I said softly. He looked at me, "Yeah but i don't overthink 'bout it. Not like you do. Cause i know you know how to defend yourself." he said looking at me. I leaned in and pecked his lips then pulled away. "Okay." I said. "Alright." he said and helped me start breakfast.

~The next day~

Daryl and I were out walking, it was still dark but the sun should be out soon. We saw Maggie and Glenn running towards Rick's house with guns. "Good morning Alexandria." I said as Daryl and I ran over there too, pulling out our guns. We stepped in and saw a man sitting on the stairs, Carl was there holding his gun at the man as well. Rick and Michonne stepped out and I saw them fixing their clothes, I raised an eyebrow looking at Rick. He looked at me fixing his jeans. "It's- It's okay." Michonne said looking down at us. "You said we should talk. So let's talk." Rick said putting on his shirt.

~~

"So how'd you get out?" Rick asked, We were all in here talking to this man. "One guard can't cover two exists." He said, Carl looked at Michonne and smirked knowing what just happened between them. "Or third floor windows." Jesus said. I nudged Carl's shoulder as Michonne looked away, avoiding eye contact feeling uncomfortable. Carl looked back at me. "Knock it off." i mouthed, He looked away from me and back over to Rick and Jesus. "Knots untie and locks get picked. Entropy comes from order, right?" He asked. "Right." Daryl said holding his gun.

"I checked out your arsenal. I haven't seen anything like that in a long time. You're well equipped, but your provisions are low. Very low for the amount of people you have." He said. I paced a bit sighing, i don't know who this guy was but he could've done something if he meant any harm. He could have taken guns and opened fire so i don't know how to feel. "54?" He asked. "More than that." Maggie said. He looked at her for a second, "Well i appreciate the cookie. My compliments to the chef." he said. "Yeah she ain't here." Daryl said looking at him.

Jesus looked at Daryl, "Look, we got off to a bad start. But we're on the same side, the living side. You and Rick had every reason to leave me out there, But you didn't. I'm from a place that's a lot like this one. Part of my job is searching out other settlements to trade with." He said. Trade.? "I took your truck because my community needs things, And both of you looked like trouble. I was wrong. You're good people. And this is a good place. I think our communities may be in a position to help each other." he said. "Do you have food?" Glenn asked. "We've started to raise livestock. We scavenge, we grow. Everything from tomatoes to sorghum." He said. "Why should we believe you.?" i asked looking at him. He looked over to me. "I'll show you. If we take a car, i can take you back home in a day, And you can see for yourselves who we are and what we have to offer." He said, "Wait," Maggie said, He looked over to her and I looked at Rick. He looked at me too.

I shrugged slightly, not really knowing what I'd do if I were him. "You're looking for more settlement. You mean you're already trading with other groups?" Maggie asked. "Your world's about to get a whole lot bigger." Jesus said leaning back in is chair.