122

I know this is Raven and Bellamy but this is a cute gif, imagine this being Rick and Katherine?🥺💓🤷🏻‍♀️

>>Word count; 1269<<

~Katherine's Pov~

We made it to Hilltop, there were a few Saviors here. Maggie took them as prisoners. I was sitting at one of the benches here by the trailers looking down at Luna's necklace on my wrist. It's been hours.. I think Carl was dead already.. In ways I was still trying to process. It just didn't feel real.. I felt hands on top of mine and I looked up to see Maggie sitting down. "Hi," She said softly. "Hi.." I said softly and held her hands back. "Daryl told me you weren't feeling good.. You wanna come inside? Get some rest," She said holding them. I shook my head, "No i'm okay here.." i said looking at her. I sat here when we came back from the lineup, I sat here with Carl and Rick. "Are you sure?" She asked. I nodded a bit, "Yeah," I whispered. She nodded rubbing my arm a bit. "Can you- i need to be alone.. Please." i said looking at her, she nodded a bit. "Okay," she said and got up, leaving me alone.

~~~

"Katherine," I looked up and over to see Rick walking up to me with a paper in his hand. I got up and went to him, hugging him. He hugged me back quickly, holding me close to him, I did the same. My heart started racing again and I felt tears well up in my eyes once again. I felt the pressure in my chest start to build up again and I couldn't breathe. I started catching my breath a little against his shoulder. Rick put a hand on the back of my head. "Shh.." he said softly and held me. He rested his chin on my shoulder feeling tears in his eyes too. He put his hand on my back and rubbed it a bit, holding me tight as I started crying again. I've cried so much I honestly didn't know I still had tears left to cry. He kissed my head and rubbed my arm a bit. "I'm so sorry Rick.." I said pulling away but we still held each other in a way, He put his hand on my shoulder and I kept my hands on his arms. He nodded looking at me with tears in his eyes.

"I am too." He said nodding a bit, I kept looking at him. He pulled away and looked down. I wiped my tears and looked down as well. I saw the paper in his hand had my name written on it, the writing was a little sloppy but my name was there. I furrowed my eyebrows a bit, slowly taking my hands off my cheeks. "Carl, he uh.." he said still looking at the letter, he pinched the bridge of his nose a bit, wiping a tear. "He wrote letters." he said looking at me. I looked at him too and he held the letter out towards me.

Another tear fell. I just looked at the letter not moving. "Take it, please." he said putting a hand on the side of my face, he wiped the tear away. I slowly took it from his hand and looked at him, he kept his hand on my face. He gave me a small nod. "Read it when you can.." he said softly. I nodded a bit too and he leaned in, kissing my cheek then walking away from me. I saw Daryl in the distance looking at me, he took a step starting to make his way over to me, I held my hand out the slightest and shook my head.

He stopped walking and just looked at me. I put my hand down a bit and walked away. I just needed to be alone right now. I went to the back where Glenn and Abraham were buried, this was the first time I've been here since it happened. I got on my knees and sat down and looked at the graves. "I need you so fucking bad right now Glenn." I said feeling tears in my eyes again, I inhaled a breath shakily and looked up at the sky. "God-" i said as my voice cracked, I laid down on my back and covered my eyes with my arm, keeping Carl's letter in my hand. I was so tired of crying, I felt like it physically hurt to cry now. My chest and my head were killing me so bad, I caught my breath crying a little keeping my eyes covered with my arm. I rested my other hand on my stomach feeling it start to hurt.

I heard footsteps. "Get up." I heard Daryl's voice. I kept crying, "Damn it get up Katherine." he said grabbing my arms and pulling me up on my feet. I pushed him away crying, dropping Carl's letter on the floor. "Get away from me." I said looking at him. 

He kept looking at me. "Go. I don't want you here- i don't want you around me." I repeated looking him dead in the eyes too. He walked closer to me, I backed up from him. "Stop." I said looking at him, i felt my back hit the wall. He reached me and stood in front of me. I put my hands on his chest and pushed him away from me. "Stop." I said feeling angry. He came back to me and grabbed my arm. I punched his cheek and pushed him again. He fell, looking up at me as I cried. I felt angry, I wasn't sorry I punched him. I wanted to be alone. He reached up and wiped blood off the bottom of his lip then looked back up at me.

He stood up and looked at me giving me a small nod. "Hit me," he said looking at me. "No. Go away." I said catching my breath, I got away from the wall and walked wiping the tears. He grabbed my arm again, trying to stop me from walking away. I turned around, punching him across the face and kneeing his stomach. I punched him again and pushed him, he fell to the floor coughing a little, putting his hand on his stomach. I fell to my knees too and caught my breath crying, looking at the floor. I thought hitting him would make me feel better to just- release.. But it didn't help.

He got on his knees too and looked at me, moving hair from his face and spitting out some blood. "Feel better.?" He asked. I shook my head as another tear fell. "No." I cried not looking at him. He stood back up. "Again, hit me." he said looking down at me. "No." I said shakily. "Do it, Cmon. I can take your hits. Hit me." He said. I stood up and looked at him catching my breath. "I can't." I said. "You can, Just do it. Cmon." he said wiping his nose. His nose and lip were bleeding. "Hit me." He said. "I can't do it.." I cried shaking my head. I put a hand on my chest. "My heart- hurts.. Daryl." I said struggling to breathe. He kept looking at me. "I want it to stop- I can't take it anymore- I can't do it anymore." I said shaking my head. He walked up to me. "Shut the hell up." he said and pulled me into him quickly. I hugged him back tight and I just cried. "Don't say that shit around me.." he said holding me close to him.

He put a hand on the back of my head. "Alright..? Don't say that around me." He said softly and rested his chin on my shoulder.

" He said softly and rested his chin on my shoulder