128

>>Word count; 1262<<

This is the last chapter i'm posting on THIS book. The story will continue in my sequel! 💓✨

I love you sooo much. Thank you for being here.  ❤️

~Katherine's Pov~

We finally reached the sanctuary, my heart was racing the whole ride here. "Alright cmon." He said and we walked. "Wait-" I said not moving, "Are you serious- you're not even out of the car." Gray said looking at me. I looked at him starting to feel tears in my eyes. "I've been waiting for this moment- for the longest time. Since this all started. So sorry if i'm emotional you asshole." I said looking at him. He smiled a bit. "Alright, let's go then. Or are you planning on staying in the car forever.?" he asked. I took the keys out of the ignition and we got out of the car. I gave him the keys and we walked inside, this place was a mess.. There were people in here working, cleaning things up the best they could. Sweeping up glass, throwing away things, moping- you name it. They're doing it.

On our way here, he told me that she knows how to fight. She knows how to take care of herself, she knows how to shoot a gun so i'm glad.. He also told me she's killed one person, someone who was attacking him in the woods a while ago when he was out teaching her how to shoot. "How're you doing.?" He asked looking at me. "I can't breathe.." I said as we walked. He put a hand on my back, "You should be happy." He said. "I am but- i can't breathe." I said. "You ready..?" He asked. I shook my head. "No- but yes.." I said looking at him. We stopped at a door, "I'm gonna go get this checked out.." He said raising his bloody hand up slightly. "She's in there, open it when you're ready." He said softly. I nodded looking at him with tears in my eyes. "There's a door to your right that's her room." he said. I nodded a bit again, not being able to speak. "Alright.." He said softly and squeezed my shoulder. He walked away and headed back downstairs. I looked at the doorknob in shock.

My daughter was on the other side of this door.

I felt sick, I was feeling a lot. Does she hate me.? Does she think i just left her when this all began.?? Does she still- love me the same way she did or did she lose those feelings over time.? I swallowed the lump in my throat and looked away, starting to pace a bit, I was shaking so bad right now. I put my hands on my head feeling my head start to spin because of how many thoughts were going through my head. I caught my breath a bit and looked back at the door covering my mouth with my fingers, "Okay- okay." I whispered to myself and nodded. "Okay." I repeated and turned back around. I walked up to the door and reached out and twisted the knob, I pushed the door open and walked in heading over to the door on my right. I swallowed the lump in my throat and knocked on the door lightly. "Yeah." I heard a girl's voice on the other side. I gasped a little and covered my mouth quickly as a tear fell. "What?" She called out after a few seconds since the door didn't open.

I was stuck, I couldn't move. I couldn't even breathe let alone open the door. I heard footsteps coming then the door knob twisted. "What-" She cut herself off once the door was open. She stood there with a look of shock and confusion on her face. She tilted her head a bit looking at me, tears welled up in her eyes. "Mom-" She said quickly and hugged me, practically throwing herself in my arms. I hugged her back. "Mom-?!" She asked and started crying. I covered my mouth crying too, "Luna-" I cried holding her closer and tighter to me. Both of us were crying in each other's arms, "Mom." She cried back and buried her face in my shoulder. I put a hand on the back of her head, closing my eyes. I felt like I was dreaming, I caught my breath looking at the floor in shock. "Luna- baby." I said putting my hands on her shoulders trying to pull her away, I wanted to look at her.