Prologue Part 1

A/N

My writing can be very wordy sometimes, I'm sorry about that. This is just a thing I started to imagine one day, and then I decided to write it. If you are wondering about where the names came from, most are Latin/Greek, but the occasional Spanish is thrown in there. Nothing much happens in the Prologue, just setting up the premises and universe this takes place in.

Once upon a time, there were five kingdoms that worked together in unity. Each kingdom had a different set of morals and beliefs, and they all reported to the same king. I guess you could compare each kingdom to a state, or province, each with their own history coming together to

form one unique country, in this case, that country was Simul.

Years ago, a group of nine all formed their own kingdoms, all of which neighbored each other. To the southwest, we have Geminos. Founded by two twin brothers, Romulus and Remus, Geminos valued chivalry, bravery, and the arts. Currently, there are two princes in the royal house of Geminos, Roman and Remus, also twins. It was decided that Roman would be first in line for the throne after their father, King Edward, and their mother, Queen Kate, took one good look at Remus.

To the north of Geminos, we have Picardiá. The founders of Picardiá were also a group of siblings. Apalla, Asclepius, and Athena. All siblings strictly believed in the power of logic, reason, and education. The current queen of Picardiá, Queen Mary, did not marry, despite her name. She did adopt three children, Logan, Charles, and Katherine. Logan, being the oldest, was the one who trained to be a monarch.

The last of the western kingdoms was Amare. Amare was founded by the loving and kind ruler Cupid. His beliefs of kindness, goodness, and love still live on in the royal house today. The current queens, Queen Vesta and Queen Hope have four lovely children. Hope, Jane, Patton, and Faith. Hope the second trained to be queen, while her other siblings got a basic education, knowing they would marry for power. Their parents valued love, but other kingdoms didn't, and the royals they would marry would be trying to get into the Amare royal line.

There were two east kingdoms, the northern of the two was Mendacium. Mendius and Salus founded the kingdom strongly believing in self-preservation being the most important trait a ruler could have. Now the current rulers feel the same. King Henry and Queen Catherine have many children, one to be an heir, and the others for power grabs. The east kingdoms weren't seen in the best light by the western kingdoms, and even though the second most powerful kingdom was the eastern kingdom to the south of Mendacium, they still were seen as the ones dragging Simul down. In order, the King and Queen's children are as follows, Elisabeth, Henry, Mary, Anne, Jeanne, and Janus. Six kids! Queen Catherine is most likely a lightweight due to the little years she had to build up a tolerance.

Anyways, the last of the kingdoms is Accentus. Founded by Phobos, Accentus is a rather paranoid society, but their people are well protected. That's how the King and Queen were able to get away with only one son. The danger is at a minimum in Accentus, so needing many kids to act as replacements to Prince Virgil was not a concern. And unlike the kingdom to the north, they were the second most powerful kingdom in Simul, so securing power was not a concern either. However, Virgil would marry to strengthen alliances.

The ruler of Simul was King Thomas. He didn't want the young royals to marry for power, but for love. That was the real Amarien shining through. He had ancestry from all the royal houses, that's the reason he rules over them all because he understood them all.

Every decade or so, all of the royals of the same age would come to the capital and choose who they would marry. The night would start off with dinner, where all the soon to be newlyweds would sit at a round table. Then they would all go out in the garden, during which the adults would tend to gossip over who they thought had a blossoming romance, and whether or not they approved. The night would end with them all turning in a paper with the name they wished to share their life with. The matches would be looked over by the parents and Thomas. Thomas listened to his fellow ruler's concerns, then he finalized the matches, and a couple of weddings would follow.

That time had come again, the Princes who were to attend were Roman, Remus, Logan, Patton, Janus, and Virgil.