Chapter 7

" Are you sure that you wanna hear this out? I won't tell you stories but the reality of what I have gone through."

She asked raising her eyebrows as we were five year old children who would get scared of her ghost stories. We just nodded in response.

"It's time of a month before my parent's murder. I was still in Shaolin. I had a house in a remote area and I loved to sleep while keeping the window open. One night, I heard some noise. At first it was some low humming but soon the pitch of the sound raised to a level that it became completely unbearable. And in the next moment there was blackness.

The next time when I opened my eyes the scene was completely changed. I was in some kind of experimental chamber. There was smoke filling the whole chamber. At first I thought that I won't be able to breathe but there was nothing like that. There was no way out of that cylindrical chamber. So it was no use to protest. The glass was five inches thick and there was no way one could break it without space for movement. It would be a foolish thing to start screaming as I had no idea where I was and there was nobody around. 

Then I noticed that my head was covered with a device that completely fitted my head. Suddenly, the machines started humming. The helmet also started buzzing. I could do nothing but to wait for the worst. It electrical shocks through my head but they were absorbed by a chip that I have in my head. Suddenly the intensity and nature of these shocks changed. And the chip was no longer to absorb them. I fell on the floor with my head in my hands. It was the worst pain I had ever experienced. I was shocked that I survived in that.

Then something stung on my hand and everything blackened. The next thing I remember was that I was there in my room and sleeping with my head on the window."

What she was saying, sent shivers down my spine. She took a small break and brought another bottle. God, she was freaking crazy. She was still sober. 

"I didn't told anyone about it. Not because I was afraid of something but I wanted to know why that was happening. For a few days I was fine. But when I wanted to speak to some of my people then my left hand acted very weird. I had no control over how it behaved. Andy was sleeping in his room when I remembered that I had to tell him something important. Then my left palm started moving without my control. The index finger and the thumb joined. I lost sense of everything around me. I was in Andy's mind. I was freaking at first but then I tried to be calm and asked him to come over. He was there in my room within a minutes. He shaker me to bring me out of where I was. Then I explained him all the things. He wasn't able to believe a thing. Slowly, I learnt how to control myself when I would do that. When I gained full hold on it, I discovered two things about it. Firstly, that connection was only with people whom I considered friends. Second was that, when the bond was strong then I could even perceive what they were thinking. After some time I choose for a normal life. I made the minimum use of that ability. Do you guys wanna try?"

It was getting very creepy. I didn't wanted to but then I agreed. 

"So, how does it feel?" She asked in my mind. I was shaking very badly. That feeling was very unnatural. It was like anyone was shouting in my head.

"I don't like it even a bit. It would be better if you speak like normal humans."

" So, what's the project that you are currently working on?"

I am damn sure I will kill Jack. Can't his curiosity end? Akira is a very creepy person and I don't want to experience such things all over again. She motioned us to follow her.  She went to the garage and did some typing on a keypad. Maybe that was code for her project to show up. Something tugged on my jeans. I jumped from fright. I was already very terrified. Akira and my friends just laughed at me. I turned to look what was that. There was a small robot. Not the one which helped us earlier. 

"Hey, Toni. Just chill. He is my friend."

The robo beeped twice and went away. I was thankful of Akira for the first time since we came here. Toni had freaked me to death. I think Akira loved her life with those machines. Her friends haven't turned up yet.

A small door opened on the garage floor. Why does she have everything under the ground. We followed her down. She switched on the lights. There was a model of a bike. It was freaking amazing. It was flawless. She had already done the required modifications in the engine. There were many other features of the bike. They were astonishing. You can control it with your voice and guide it to how you want it to go. It was a stylish bike but it could turn into those super fast bikes. Even faster then that. She was working on the outer body of the bike. It was a black beast. I had always loved bikes and this the most beautiful I had ever seen it.

We moved out after half an hour. It was already dark by the time. Shit! Mom is going to kill me. Today dad was coming home and she asked me to be home just after school. How the hell did I forgot that.

"Well, Akira can you drop us. Mom is gonna kill me if it got anymore late. I have at least thirty messages. Today my dad's home."

"Sure, why not. Just make sure you haven't forgot anything."

Saying that she went inside. Von went to his home. It was just in front of her house. Mine and Jack's were a little away. She came with the keys of her car and we jumped in it. She was driving at a very high speed. Yet, she was having full control of it. It was a twenty minutes way and we were there in just five. I was feeling a little dizzy because of the speed. But soon I gained control and went inside, waiting for a thunder.