chapter 21

Hardy's POV

We made notes of the major information and placed them in Akira's laboratory. It was the second day after we walked out of the past world. Von was having a severe headache and the reason was clear. Akira.

She had completely lost her control. She was drinking. If anyone tried to stop her she would just shout on them. Her alcohol tolerance was very high. A bit too high as compared to normal cells because of the regular experiments she had been conducting on herself.

Her eyes were puffy from continuous flow of tears. There was a red rim around her eyes.

I decided to text Andy. At least he deserves to know what was happening.

I told him what had happened and how she is reacting to that now. I know that everyone does that but she is best one I had ever seen who could mask her emotions. She needs to forget what had happened or she won't be able to move ahead.

So what am I supposed to do?

Have you lost your mind Andy? She is crying and drinking. She needs you and you are here asking me what to be done?

Hardy, I also want to visit her but you know my parents never wanted to let the company down. That is the symbol of their success. How do you think I can handle this if take a day off? Mr. Wong is also not here so I have no one trusted for handling even for a single day. They to understand my situation.

Ok!

He is crazy.

Akira wasn't letting even Suzy and Kia to wander around her. Von's health is also going down. He is also suffering because of her. Something needs to be done or Von will not last long.

I  went to her room.

"Why are you here Hardy? Don't you understand English? I clearly said you guys to be out of my room."

"Sat what you want but I am not gonna go out of this room without you coming out."

"Why are you being a jerk? Can't you just leave me alone?"

"Nope."

She didn't said anything. She wanted to say something but I think I didn't had her trust. I waited for her to speak something.

"Spill it out. It will just make you weak if you hold your emotions."

She gestured me to sit beside her. She was lost in thoughts.

"When I was small, I was never allowed to use their name. Not because they hated me but because they wanted me to be safe. I went to elementary and middle school under Andy's name. I thought that what they said was true and I never gave anyone a chance for may background search. Then when I was about to enroll in highschool they called me home a month before the school started.

You won't believe but it was the first time I had seen them after starting my school life except no video calls. Then the new of me being their daughter went out in press. They didn't told me anything about business.  But I always had latest updates regarding business deals and rival.

He had earlier told me about Pearl and its owner. My parents were too naive. They thought that he wouldn't try to do anything else then ruining their business foundation.
They were just too naive.

I knew that won't spare us that early. I told my parents but they never believed me and told that I was a teenager who had grown without seeing business. They seemed to think that Mark made me say those words. But that was never true.

And a month after that bastard murdered them. Andy sent me here. I always wanted the world to know that they were my parents. Not because I had been proud because they were billionaires or stuff but I truly wanted them to be know as my parents not because of their money. But I was never able to do that. Earlier they didn't wanted me to use it and now they are not here so I am just roaming with school records saying me orphan. Earlier it was just their belief but now it's the truth.

I don't know how to feel when I was regarded as an orphan even though I was not. I wished that I would belonged to a middle class family. I want my parents not the comfort, money  and popularity.

I wish they would have never laid the foundation of this company.

I still don't consider it as their mistake because they never knew that a day would come when their children would be orphan just because of business. They never knew."

Her voice broke at the last words. She was crying. I couldn't bear seeing her crying. She didn't deserved this. Never.

"Akira you will have to leave them behind no matter what."

" I will be out in a minute. Keep the files ready. I vow I will never grieve over their death. Never. At least till I make Itish pay for what he had done. Never."

I left the room. Suzy and all the others were equally depressed. She was their ray of shining light.

Von was feeling better. Probably Akira was getting herself under control.

She came out after fifteen minutes. She looked fresh. Maybe she took a shower to wash those feelings away.

"Jack, bring the third bottle in the left cabinet from my lab. I need to get this alcohol out of my blood."

He came back after a few minutes. The liquid was fuming. God, I seriously envy her. Even chemicals can't harm her. I don't know what kind of experiments the girls do on herself but I am damn sure that they are freaking crazy.

She was fine after a gulp of the liquid. The colour of face returned. Suzy gave me a thumbs up.

Only this much! I was expecting more. I mouthed with a frown.

Wait for it Hardy. Patience pays.

Kia brought all the files from the lab.

All of us exchanged the files to give our opinions. Von and mine were nearly alike.
Then I went over for the file given by Jack and Kia.

There was what I wanted.