chapter 32

We managed to divert Jack, Kia and Suzy. There was no need to do that for Akira since she was always there in her laboratory. I followed Von to the watch tower. They already knew that we were going there but they just didn't knew the correct reason, that is why there was no need for us to hide.

The lift took one minute for us to finally reach the top. The view was breathtaking. We could easily see the faint traces of the milky way even though it was evening. But on the other hand it made me feel lonely. It reminded me of my family whom I can no longer contact until the mission is accomplished. I want to talk to them but there is a risk that they may track down my family through a single call and I can't risk their lives.

The watch tower showed the whole island. We can see it from the airstrip where we first landed till the end of the forest. It was a huge island considering the large fields, forest and other setup's on he whole island including this whole mansion whose single room account to a apartment.

"So, shall we start?"

I just nodded in response and pulled out the night vision binoculars from the small bag that I brought because after finding it we will have to go to the forest too.

There was nothing in view because the forest was dense and the light was gradually decreasing. We searched for at least fifteen minutes but that was not helping. We needed the exact position of the room because the forest was large and we can easily loose our sense of direction in it not to mention the wild animals that Akira is trying tame.

I went to the small room that was built on the large platform. There was so much stuff lying in there. It was like an storage room left locked for years with all the layers of dust that have gathered on the objects lying scattered in there.

After going through nearly half of the stuff I found the stuff which we were searching for. Von was just standing at the entrance of the room watching me, with his arms folded on his chest. Lazy.

A telescope. I brought it out and locked the room behind me. I added night vision to it so that we can see clearly in the dense forest. Still, Von was doing nothing. I went to him and wiped the dust that covered on his shirt on which he shouted on me but that was none of my concern now.

"You did a wrong move. We could have easily gone tomorrow morning but now, we either finish it tonight or just forget this whole thing."

"What do you mean by wrong move?"

"You shouldn't have opened the room without thinking twice. Akira had installed motion detectors and cameras in that room. It's her room, we have no right to even open it and here we gave up our whole plan. So, either we do it tonight or never. What do you think?"

"We will do it. We can't risk anything because even if we leave this plan Akira will be there to shout at us. So, either we take after accomplishing our task or leaving it. And I think the first one is a better option considering we are not going to be spared in any of those situations."

Von just nodded in response. I handed him the telescope. I don't want to search this time. Those night vision glasses cause a strain to my eyes when used for long time. I think Von can handle it more better considering that he is always in his room sitting in front of those computers without expressing the slightest pain in his eyes.

He set the telescope facing the forest. After adjusting the power of the telescope he searched for nearly ten minutes when he motioned me to come over. I lowered myself so that I can see through the telescope. There were two small rooms built attached to me another. It was in the North-East and nearly a mile away from the edge of the forest from our side.

"How much time will it take to reach there? We can consider our return tomorrow morning if we set now."

"It depends on how fast you can go and how easy is it to navigate through the forest. Because it's easy to lose our direction in there."

"We can set the location of the place so that no matter which direction we go we would always know what is the direction of our final destination."

"Agreed on that but what about the wild animals in there. They are animals, and can easily sense any scent, especially of a human so we will have to cover our scent."

"And how will we do it?"

"Fish oil. It has a very sharp smell and if we use it by dropping it in our path then the animals won't be able to sense us, exception, if we don't create a major a disturbance in our way there."

"Ok."

"So, go and bring some fish  oil from the kitchen and I will meet you near the fence at the edge of the forest."

We went down through the lift and Von headed towards the mansion. I reached to fence in five minutes considering it was just a few meters away from the mansion. Von returned after fifteen minutes and we were ready for our next adventure.