Chapter 12

DARNELL

I fight the urge to yawn while trying to pretend that I am listening. I am fuckin' bored with this meeting already. These department managers really like to bark at each other for no apparent reason. I know why finance department and accounting department are always against each other but it's really a mess when finance department and marketing department are antagonizing each other.

Here's an idea, accounting and finance department are working on our overall financial statement. But accounting department are always on the edge when the digits (money) in the company doesn't add up. They work on payrolls, accounts payable, accruals, assets, liabilities, and many more! The digits need to be accurately entered and no single peso must be missing or else it should be investigated.

On the other hand, finance department goes through the company's growth and strategy to be able to understand our potential financial concerns and opportunities, investments, annual budgeting and so on and so fort. That's where the marketing department come in to the picture. Finance has some financial concerns with the marketing strategy from the marketing department. They bicker during meetings when it comes to "advertisements". I am so tired and sick of it.

I want to see Sunny instead of listening to them.

I stopped playing the pen on my fingers and loudly tapped it on the table, that was their cue to stop talking or should I say "fighting"?

"I got both of your viewpoint now. Just send me your detailed reports and arrange another meeting with me once you agreed on another marketing plan. Stop bickering when you disagree on each other's ideas, it's so unprofessional. You're not some gangsters on the street or an elementary kid. Do you want to sit with me in my office and have a chat? I'll gladly do that if you want." rinig sa buong silid ang boses ko dahil sa sobrang katahimikan

The department managers paled when I mentioned "sit with me and have a chat". Of course, they understood that it's not a normal "chat" and "sitting". It means a private meeting with me regarding their demotion or worse, termination of employment.

"Mr. Linden will stay here. Both of you can leave now." malamig na sabi ko sa kanila at mabilis naman silang kumilos at umalis sa harapan ko

Wallace Linden is the accounting department manager. Kabado itong nakatingin sa akin kaya binigyan ko siya ng isang maliit na ngiti.

We had a short meeting about some problems in the payrolls. It's annoying when employees forget to clock in when they're coming to work.

"Make sure our employees get their hundred percent pay. And I don't want to see a single employee not receiving their benefits at any circumstances."

Tango ito ng tango habang nagtatype sa laptop nito. I don't want to receive some complaints from my employees regarding their pay and benefits, they worked for it.

FINALLY, my meetings were over. Nag-stretching ako ng katawan nang makapasok ako sa opisina ko. This is freedom! I want a day off. Uhaw din ako sa day off like a normal company employee. Buti pa ang mga empleyado ko dahil entitled silang magday-off ng two days every week. Gusto ko namg makasama ulit ang mag-ina ko, kahit nakasama ko sila kagabi, I don't feel contented. I want to monopolize them.

I heard a chuckle. "Why are you pouting? Hungry?"

"Shit!" gulat na sabi ko habang nakahawak sa dibdib ko nang makita ko si Penelope na kakalabas lang ng banyo sa opisina ko

She's here? How long has she been here? Did she wait long for me?

She burst out laughing when she saw my surprised expression. Napahinga ako ng malalim nang kumalma na ang katawan ko sa gulat. Alfred never told me about Penelope being here. Baka naghintay ito ng matagal, should I fire Alfred? No, no. That's so irrational and it's illegal termination of employment.