Chapter 12

Today's the third day! That means no more fun because, according to itinerary, we should start gathering informations about Carolina West, our topic. I told them about this and it seems they're sad, of course.

We went outside the hotel and start roaming around the village.

Luke asked a random woman. "Excuse me. Do you know anything about Carolina West? "

Then Juliet just murmured. "Good thing you're not drunk."

Luke faced Juliet and Juliet made an eye contact to her. You might consider me OA, but I find it cheesy just making an eye contact with a guy.

Luke responded. "I'm really sorry 'bout that night, Juliet." He said it with a smile.

Juliet just looked down, saying nothing.

Luke remembered that he was talking to a woman. Luke turned around to check her, but, in just a sudden, she disappeared.

"That's wierd." Luke said.

I told them just to ignore it, but it's really creepy.

We walked around more to find a person to ask.

I don't know what's in my mind, but there's something telling me to ask this little, innocent, girl. I bent my knees. I asked her, "Hi! Do you know Carolina West?" I tried to be cheerful as I can.

Stanley interrupted me. "Are you crazy? How would she know about a ghost?!"

I just rolled my eyes.

She stared at me, in my eyes. She furrowed her brows. She's reading my mind just like a magazine. She finally spoke, "Ask Missis Lotah."

I furrowed my brows too in confusion. "Who's Missis Lotah? Where does she live?"

She looked at somewhere distance. She pointed at a black house just at our back. I was suppose to thank her but she left, carrying a creepy doll on her right arm.

McKie asked with her right eyebrow lifted. "Don't tell me we're going there."

Mandy replied, "You're never gonna know if you never even try." And Mandy led the way.

We're in front of the house now. No gate so we just need to knock the door.

"Are you sure I'm gonna knock?" Alice asked hesitantly.

Hannah replied sarcastically, "No you won't, Alice."

Alice took a deep breath. She lifted her hand slowly and turned it into a fist. Finally, she knocked. But after knocking just once, the door opened already. We all took a step back, much to our surprise.

An old lady appeared. She greeted us, "Good morning! Go in." She gave us a crooked smile.

While she's talking, I looked peek in the house. It's dark and it's really hard to see inside. But as much as I can look, I can see jars, and stuffs everywhere

Will we really go in?

-END OF CHAPTER-