3x01 (Vol. 2) | 𝑴𝒊𝒅𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒔

Carla

Carla

I growl losing my patience and storm out of the balcony into the room to go down stairs and join him. I walk on tiptoes as I pass my parents room and run down the stairs to reach the back door, I open it discreetly and head towards the pool. As I'm walking I realize I didn't put my robe on before leaving the room and I'm actually wearing nothing underneath my gown, which displays smoothly every curve of body, I shiver at the realization and at the cold breeze that greets me outside, I shiver more as I approach the pool and spot him standing, looking at his reflection in the water, his face shining from it.

I stop for a second and just observe him discreetly. I don't know when I have grown so fond of just looking at him, but I do; I start with his hair, dark and lustrous, smooth and soft to the touch, I remember how it felt to run my fingers through it. I then move to his eyebrows and the so unfamiliar scar I used to hate but I now adore, my fingers tickle with the urge to touch it, his eyes are bright and liquid warm, sprinkled with light brown specks, sparkling from the glitter of the water, framed by beautiful thick lashes.

With his face slightly titled to the side, I could see the way each line on his face gracefully matched the other, from his cheek bones to his perfect nose, from that sharp jaw curved gracefully to those irresistible lips. He was perfect.

There was a gentleness about him that unnerved me, a simplicity that made me feel safe and at peace. I loved him for that. As I loved him for everything else.

I'm actually in love with him. I'm in love with him and I can't believe I've only just realized it. He never leaves my mind, he's always there; no matter what I do. While I look at him, this strange feeling stretches throughout my whole body. It's overwhelming, yet makes me feel complete. The more I look at him the more my heart beats, his body attracting mine like magnet.

I look at him and wonder how can a person go from having someone be a complete stranger, to being completely infatuated by them and wondering how they ever were able to live without them, because I sure as hell couldn't imagine being without him now. Just the thought of it scared me.

Samuel chooses that moment to look up and find me, our gaze locked under the moonlight, he looks up but doesn't move; he just stares back at me. His eyes rooming smoothly all over my body, he was watching me with a heavy-lidded gaze raking me from head to toe. With just the look in his eyes, Samuel wraps me in a warm embrace, admiring me as if I was the most beautiful thing he's ever seen.

We couldn't stop looking at each other; it's been that way with us from the very first start, both of us unbelievably drawn to one another.

We both stay rooted in place for a long time then move synchronically to meet each other in the middle. We unconsciously stand so close to one another, our eyes speaking words we couldn't say out loud.

"How did you get in?" I ask my voice hoarse and I don't even know why.

"I, I jumped over the fence. I'm sorry, I know I'm not welcomed here." he says with sad eyes.