six.

S I X

"dream, believe and fantasize"

Sarah's POV

SHE'D NEVER FELT MORE LONELY. She growled in her sleep, shifting restlessly on the bed of her cold room. The sounds of the city mixed with her dreams, but that didn't make her not enjoy them. She and Jake had a day off, just the two of them, alone, no one else around. They looked at each other. Neither seemed to want to break the silence, they both liked the moment. Sarah felt the smile spread across her face, she was sure that outside of the dream she had a happy grin too.

Jake's eyes told a thousand things. They glowed, conveying a sense of safeness to Sarah. But then the dream turned into a nightmare. They started getting closer, she shut her eyes and felt his lips touching hers. But then she opened her eyes and realized it was Lewis, not Jake. She scowled, backing away from him.

"How...?" she stammered, and heard Jake's chuckles behind her. But it was not only his laugh, it was someone else's too. Sarah turned around and saw Jake hugging Sophia. She threw up inside her. It was in those moments when she wished she could avoid feeling that ugly emotion, feeling jealous.

"I'm sorry for everything I did," Sophia was apologizing to Jake. It turned out that what Sarah had heard were not laughs but sobbing. "Of course I'd rather be with you than being with Oliver. I'm really sorry."

Jake shook his head, he didn't seem to realize that Sarah was there. "No, no, it's okay," he wipped Sophia's cheeks, his eyes glowed the same way that they did with Sarah. "It wasn't your fault, I think I was being a crappy boyfriend, I don't deserve someone like you."

Sarah was grossed out. She knew that it was a dream and that Jake would never speak that way, but she couldn't help feeling disgusted towards them. Sophia mumbled something that she coudln't hear, and Jake laughed again.

"Oh, Sarah? No, I don't care about her. In fact, I was only trying to replace you, but we were never best friends. You are my best friend."

Those words teared up Sarah's heart. She opened her mouth to take a deep breath, holding tears. Jake was only using her. He didn't like her back, she already knew it, but... not even friends? She felt so ashamed, even more when Jake and Sophia turned their heads to see her, mocking.

"You didn't really thought we were something, did you?" Jake rolled his eyes. He looked upset and exhausted. Tired of her. "Honestly, Moore, you could've at least hidden that you liked me."

Sarah gulped and looked back at Lewis, who shrugged. "Don't look at me, you're the one that ended our relationship. And he's right, you could've been more intelligent from the beginning. Now it's too late."

Everyone except Sarah started laughing, but they sounded like they were at the end of a tunnel. Sarah covered her ears, squeezing her eyes shut. The laughter started drowning until she could hear herself sobbing. She woke up and let out the breath she didn't know she was holding. She looked around in her dark room, confused. The dream had started off perfect but then... 

Rubbing her face, she sat up. Sarah felt pathetic once more. How could she be dreaming with that? It was ridiculous. She checked her phone to see the hour and saw she had a message from the last person she would like to talk to at that moment.