10

I kiss him on his cheek before sitting on the couch, put my shopping bags on the floor. Medj madami dami din siya kaya tiningan ko si daddy if may reaction siya about it.

He just smiled at me and sat on the couch also. "San ka galing?" He asked while checking the stuff I bought. Probably looking for the receipt.

When he saw the receipt, he just looked at me waiting to answer. "I went shopping with Mika, Irish and Jacque. We were buying things for our vacation trip." I said while sitting comfortably.

He nodded, "Oh. Right." He just smiled. I think he has some news, is it good or bad? "Is it good or bad?" I asked while looking at him.

"Well, since you don't have any plans yet with college. How about marrying someone?" I was shocked about what he said. "Come again? Marrying?" I cleared my throat. "What are you implying?" I asked him, raising one of my eyebrow a little bit.

He cleared his throat, too. "You see, one of my business partners has a kid and he's very nice and off to a great success in-"

I cut him off. "No." That answer was a no. He knew how I don't like business. Arranged marriage pa kaya para sa business niya. "That's final." I stood up and got my things. Nag makalapit na ako sa stairs namin to walk out. He spoke.

"I'm sorry, that was a bad idea. I was just asking for any advice." I raised one of my eyebrows again and looked at him. "Advice on what?" my voice was normal. I don't like talking back to my parents especially with my dad but he's implying something you don't see everyday. Lalo na ngayon. It's just pure bullshit.

He was about to talk when I cut him off again. "You married mom because you love her. You want me to go marry someone just because for your business? I don't even want to take a business program, even more marrying just for that. If there's something happening in your company, then tell them no. That's easy. You're the C.E.O., how come you're letting someone manipulate you by letting a kid marry me?" Sunod sunod na sabi ko. I was in my serious tone. I was like a parent and he was the kid. Since I had that morning with mom, I knew that I had to be a brave woman. No one gets to manipulate or even make me feel I deserve less.

"Oh wow, I'm sorry, honey." He came rushing to me and hugged me. "I'm sorry that was a stupid idea. I'll work on it. No one's getting married." He assured me. Maybe I have to think about this business program after all. I don't want my dad to be thinking more about this. Or better yet... Hmm. I'll think about it.

"Want me to come with you when you talk about it with them? I'm sure naman kahit high school graduate pa lang ako, I'll be able to understand whatever you business partners wanted. Just don't even think about that dad." I said while hugging him back. He faced me and suddenly smile. "That's nice! I want an heir to my throne, honey." My eyes widen.

"Oh no, dad. You heard me wrong. I just want to talk to them. I'm gonna be an heir." I laughed nung maisip ako. "Gawa na kasi kayo ni mommy ng kapatid ko, malay mo business ang magustuhan niya." I giggled and he was about to laugh, too.

"Baliw ka." And then he just laughed at me.

Kinabukasan, sumama ako kay Daddy para naman makausap ko ng matino yung mga business partners niya or whoever it is that wanted me to fix in an arranged marriage. I know my dad will be able to handle it but I just want them to learn that nobody should tell me what to do. Kahit sobrang yaman o makapangyarihan kapa dito sa bansa or wherever.

When we got to the board room where Dad's business partners are waiting, they were all shocked to see me. Probably because everyone knew what someone had given my Dad an idea of that bullshit.

"Goodmorning everyone," my dad greeted them and everyone stood up. They greeted back and my daddy ordered them to sit down. "My daughter, Victoria is here. I talked about the arranged marriage, Mr. Cruz implied yesterday." He smiled at him and I looked at him, also. With the respect I still have for him, I just nodded when he looked at me.

"I just wanted all of you to know, that my answer is no." He smiled at me. "If you have any questions, please, go ahead." Of course the first one who talked. is Mr. Cruz. "My Kenneth is a young man who'll be hands-on in this company. If you don't let them marry, mawawalan ka ng good eye, Mr. Buenavista." He said and then looked at me and then went back to my dad.

I looked at my dad and he nodded at me. I was asking if I could be the one who can answer him. "With all due respect sir," I looked at him and everyone inside the board room. "Arranged marriage is for the people who wants to manipulate their kid and the woman they want their kid to marry. I'm not going to be that woman." I looked at him straight in his eye while talking, he awkwardly removed his gaze at me with what I said. "My father owns this company, you just own 10% of the shares, while my dad owns everything," I looked at my dad and he smiled at me. "You don't need to manipulate everyone just so you could walk you way at the top." I looked at him again. No blinking. "I'm just a high school graduate but I'm not stupid enough to let you, manipulate me, my dad or this company." Umiling iling siya, not liking what I'm saying. "Oh, So you don't like what I'm saying? Then resign. We don't need you here, my dad doesn't need you here." Everyone went silent. No one dared to talk.

"Meeting adjourned." My dad carefully said to everyone. Lahat naman sila umalis na. Mr. Cruz was just looking at me. I didn't care whatever he wants to imply. Alam ko, tama ako.

After the meeting, nagpaalam na ako kay dad. I just went straight to our house para magpahinga. That was exhausting. Baka talaga pwede kong maipush yung binabalak ko.

When I got home, nagbihis ako ng pangbahay and started searching for something at my laptop.

Great schools in Manila to study Political Science

-