The Test

In their sleep the room filled with fog, the fog was thick and damp, warm yet cold. The door flew open with a bang, five large Ponies entered the room but only the Princess was present on the bed, soon the door instantly shut closed and at the door was the Red warrior. Grabbing his spear he unfolded it in a flash and the tip aimed at the five Ponies.
"You will not leave here alive." He snarled and attacked, he swung his spear and opened up one of them, from pelvis to skull, his guts spilled out onto the floor painting the wooden surface with a healthy coat of crimson liquid. "Who else wants a horrid fate?" He growled at the remaining 4 Ponies.

One of them brought a pistol with its magic and aimed at the small pony, cackling the other 3 brought out knives and swords. Knowing he was out matched in close quarters and in range he made sure to calculate his moves precisely, throwing the spear at the Pony with the gun, the spear penetrated the Pony's neck and it went through the bone and cartilage that was his spine. The tip peaking out of his throat, blood splattered onto the Ponies and floor boards as his body fell forward and coated the shaft of the spear in the sticky red substance. The other ponies then swarmed in on the defenceless warrior and two of them grabbed him by the legs and the 3rd Pony took Gold Star by the hair he then put a knife to her throat and was about to slit it.

Soon something clicked in Reds mind, he couldn't allow his new lover to be killed in a careless act. He then felt his blood surge through him, the anger building up. Flames started to surround his body in a fury of might, blasting the two that held him back against the wall, he charged for the Pony with Gold Star and smashed his face in, blood spewed out of his nose. He then dug his claws into the neck of the Pony that had recently spilled his blood and ripped off the the head by the neck. Blood splattered everywhere, on the walls, the lamps and upon him. Getting up he used the skull of the Pony and started to attack the others with it, soon killing them, blood covered the room. This was just the beginning.

Soon a large being. The size of Celestia and the bulk of Bulk Biceps, it loomed over the puny Dragon hybrid. It was like the troll that Red and Gold had faced off against but smaller. A similar size to an ogre, no matter what happened Red would protect his lover to the end. The beast swung at him, Red was sent flying to the back of the room. He didn't know what to do, the beast had a magical barrier. He looked to the bed and noticed that Gold Star wasn't there, the bed had also seemed to disappear. It was just him and the beast, nothing else.

Sizing up to the creature Red growled and called for his spear. However it did not return. The beast then charged at the temple guard, seeing his time to strike, Red did not retreat but pushed forward and pounced with force into the creatures stomach toppling it over and he started to beat the face of the monster, his anger getting to him again, blood splattered all over the floor, coating his invisible claws with blood, no remorse showed when he beat the thing into a bloody pulp.

Taring off its mask he was shocked to find himself there, the face of the monster. This was obviously a message, the other Ponies bodies lay on the floor, he tore the masks off one by one to reveal parts of his past, the message was very clear. His past could end up killing him and his love. He was a danger to himself and the ones he loved dearly, he allowed himself to have the nightmare and to let it play with his mind, he allowed this body to go out of control when he winded Gold Star.

With this he looked down at his claws and growled to himself. The blood dripped from them and into the floor boards. When was he transported back? Soon he heard a door open and Gold Star walked in. She then hugged Red and nuzzled him in quick succession.
"I'm sorry that we put you through that." She looked at him, tears rolling down her cheeks. "That was a simulation. Twilight knew about you, well, i told her about us." She gulped, knowing that he would get angry or something.

"You gave me in?" He growled and lifted her up by the collar of the lab coat she wore. "Where am I?" He asked and shoved her to the wall.
"Gave you in? No no, I did not do such a thing, I couldn't allow you to be put into the dungeons in Canterlot. The princesses and I have decided to start a rebellion against Celestia." She blurted out and Red then dropped her, he hugged her tightly, she then hugged back. "You are in one of Twilight Sparkles testing facilities. We wanted to test your abilities to the max. So we thought that if we transported you here we could monitor you, Luna took care of the nightmare." She explained. She then wiped a tear from Reds face. "I understand now, I know why you don't want to talk about your past now. Im sorry, I should have never agreed to this." She looked down.

Red remained silent, now that Gold had resurfaced his past, there was no going back. She knew why he was harsh. She could see his regret. Red then kissed her softly and kept his eyes closed.
"I.. I'm sorry I lashed out at you, but. I didn't want to drag you to my past, but mow you know. We are cursed and blessed." He stated and looked at her.

"I understand, I know why you went full rage mode. You didn't want to see a loved one get hurt again. But listen to me, you're strong, you can forget about your past. I know you can." She smiled reassuringly. He then started to weep again, but softly.

"Thats the thing, I can't, I'm a broken being, whats been done cannot be undone. The slaughter i did, that cannot be undone. Though I will join your rebellion against Celestia for my family and for you. And I promise to protect you, even till the end." He smiled and then he was attacked by Gold Star playfully, he was sent to the floor with the goddess upon him. And she kissed him deeply, she knew he was ready, the test was complete now.

"How about we get ice cream?" She suggested and pressed her body against her stallion. With a smile Red nodded and wiped his tears, only allowing Gold Star to see his soft side. Getting up with the goddess he walked out of the room with her.
"You know, you look sexy in that lab coat." He smirked and chuckled. "I love a mare in uniform." He shot the line back at him from when she said that she liked a stallion in uniform. With that Gold Star blushed harshly and giggled, only for her to stroke her tail under his chin which made Red blush greatly. The duo had much to do.