jumping

It was finally chuuyas first day, he walked into the agency with dazai and waved to everyone that greeted him, he was wearing his normal clothes that he wore in the mafia but without the jacket. Dazai ran up to him and practically tackled him in a hug. "Dazai? Shouldnt you be at home resting?" Chuuya asked "kunikida is having me stay at my desk and work-" dazai started "because hes to stubborn to go home" kunikida said as he walked past. "That too" dazai said and looked up at him. "Dazai I'm sure its gonna be ok if you just go home and rest for a bit..." chuuya said. Dazai looked down "I'm not too keen on being alone and vulnerable right now" he said and looked into chuuyas eyes. "Dazai... that's ok... let's just get to work ok? Take your mind off it" he said. Kunikida watched them "I've been trying to get him to tell me why he wont stay home all morning and he didnt even hesitate to tell you?" Kunikida said and Chuuya shrugged. "Dazai go sit, I'll be back in a second" he said and dazai kissed chuuyas cheek gently before walking to his desk. He walked to kunikida "I've known him for a while.  I know what hes feeling whenever I look into his eyes. And to let you know, for him, smiling doesnt always mean happy" chuuya said "he locks me out of his world too sometimes, he just doesnt want anyone to know hes unhappy." Chuuya said. "Dazai?" The two heard, they looked over and junichiro was standing next to dazai, dazai was staring at his lap, spaced out. Chuuya walked over and put a hand on his head, dazai flinched and tears fell out of his eyes, This was deffinently a first for  the agency. Unfortunately it wasnt a first for chuuya. He pulled dazais head into his chest and lightly stroked his hair. "What happened?" Chuuya asked "fukuzawa asked me to get a statement of what happened at the mafia from dazai, I asked him and he just.. shut down I guess" junichiro said. "Thanks... I'm sure he will be ok in a couple minutes just go back to what you were doing" chuuya said "hey mackerel.. do you want to grab breakfast with me?"chuuya asked, dazai shook his head. Chuuyas  eyes laid on dazais hands, where he saw dazai digging into his own soft, pale skin. Chuuya stopped him and kissed his cheek "you dont have to think about it" chuuya mummbled into dazais ear. Kunikida was still glancing over with a worried look.

About an hour later dazai had gotten over his small panic attack and was working on his computer, despite kunikidas protests. Chuuya was sitting next to him, learning the ropes about what they do. Chuuya listened closely and asked questions from time to time. Dazai always answered with the same swave voice as if he was satisfied to have chuuya hovering over him like a dog without a bone. Dazai leaned into chuuya as chuuya put his hand on dazais head "you know... I care about you a lot mackerel" he said. "I care about you too slug" he mummbled.