chapter fourteen. | how many bets

saturday, 11:13
no new messages

simptsumu
a
a
a
a
aaa
wait
wait the messages actually went through
and those did too
(y/n)?
omfg
(Y/N) IM SO SORRY

(Y/N)
why are you sorry
i'm the one who ghosted you for a week
this is on me
btw uhm
i know this won't make everything better but
i'm outside your house rn i need to like profess my love so can you come outside and let me do that?

---

miya atsumu was so hopelessly in love. so deep in a hole of his own making. he was quite literally willing to do anything just to get you back in his life. he didn't care if it was in an awkward friend way or not. but this was much, much better. he wasn't sure if you were joking or not but nonetheless; as soon as he got that text message he abandoned his phone, dumping it unceremoniously on his bed and practically flying down the stairs, flinging open the door.

you were standing on the porch, phone in hand, staring at the screen nervously. worrying your head off over the fact that the little text bubble that had still yet to appear. and then the door flew open and your eyes met hazel ones, a breath you hadn't known you'd holding escaped your lips.

"'tsumu i-" you started, just to be engulfed in a hug.

he pulled back soon after, looking at you with a mix of anger and- something else you didn't really want to know. "what the hell, dude?" he huffed out, "i was so fucking worried and i thought i did something horrible! you're the worst," there was a somewhat jokey tone to the last part, but you could tell he was genuinely upset.

"i'm really, really sorry. i know it's no excuse but i just- i panicked. i didn't want things to change, or be awkward. and i ended up changing and making things awkward myself." you bit your lip, tucking your phone in your pocket and turning your head away from him.

"yeah. you're an idiot-" he grasped your hand with his, "but! you're my second favorite idiot. i love you, i really do, but 'samu will always be my favorite idiot."

the corner of your lips twitched into a small smile and you looked back up at him, "that's okay, you're my second favorite idiot too. 'samu comes first."

"uhm- so you did say you needed to profess your love? i'll let you do that now then." he grinned a bit more, dropping your hand and leaning back against nothing, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"oh! right, right i was doing that." you were so fucking glad that he was so- okay with all of this. it was a huge surprise to you considering miya atsumu was irritable and rude and just the absolute worst. "well, mr. miya sir, i have maybe- possibly- been hopelessly in love with you since our last year at junior high when you tried to help me with my homework. you got every question wrong by the way and i had to redo all of them but it was really sweet."

"holy shit i'm stupid." he gaped slightly.

"yeah i know. that was the point of the homework story."

"no! i know i'm stupid. i just mean that... i've also maybe-possibly been hopelessly in love with you for a very long time. since i can remember, long time. i thought 'samu was kidding when he told me you felt the same way."

"he told me the same thing and- oh. maybe we're stupid."

"how many bets do you think he has on us getting together?"

"at least thirteen."

---

saturday, 17:18
no new messages

poopoo pants
okay ur advice was right
and it helped
okay it worked
thank you

roo roo
OMG
I AM AMAZING
I FUCKING KNEW IT

---

saturday, 18:42
no new messages

volleyball GODS

osamu
HEY GUESS WHAT

kita
we all owe you lunch for a month?

ojiro
ugh
@ atsumu
you couldn't have waited for like a month?

suna
-_-
i just needed another week

atsumu
😘😘 sorry boys
just couldn't wait anymore

osamu
lolol
my brother did nothing
(y/n) just stopped being an idiot

atsumu
wait but how do you even know

osamu
i mean y'all ain't quiet

ojiro
okay we didn't need to know that

osamu
ew wtf
get ur mind out of the gutter aran
they're just flirting and laughing

atsumu
that's what you think

osamu
what
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN
TSUMU WTF DOES THAT MEAN

---