Part 30

"How is it so easy for you? Getting to where you are" She huffs hiding her face in his chest.
"I was lucky." He hums. "You'll get there."
She lifts her face giving him the most unamused face making him chuckle.
"I'm not good at this comforting thing, aren't I?" He asks.
"Terrible." He soothes her hair softly as they continue to stare at the golf program still showing.
"I told my parents that I'm not gonna continue after I finish uni." She mutters.
He hums at her and she sighs.
"This acting, thing. I'm not continuing after uni."
"Why?" He asks.
She untangles herself from his grip and looks at the ceiling.
"Because, I dunno. At first it was just an excuse to make them let me pursue it in the first place. But after three years... Nothing is as exciting anymore when you know it's going nowhere." She says turning to his frowned face. "And I mean, I've spent all those time in uni studying. Might as well use it-"
"Yeah, because the world needs more lawyer." He laughs sarcastically.
"Well it doesn't need more actresses." She scoffs crawling back into his arms. "Will you still like me though?" She asks. "When I stop doing it-"
"What are you talking about?" He cuts her off.
"When I'm boring, all suit up and spend my days in offices and courtrooms instead of getting dolled up on set like when we first met." She explains softly, her eyes on tv.
He moves his head to see her, her head laying on his chest. "Hey," He taps her chin making her looks up to him. "I'd see you even if you're amongst all those suited up ladies. Although I'm probably not smart enough for you to want to talk to me." He grins making her laugh.
"I," He starts chewing his bottom lips. "Well now that I've met you. I can't imagine a life where you're not in it." He tells her.
She smiles resting her head on his shoulder. "Even when you're this 'boring' lawyer, I'd probably still..." He swallows a lump on his throat moving his teeth against each other.
"What?" She asks moving her fingers in his hair sensing his nerves.
He lets out a laugh followed by a loud huff. "I'd probably still, love you." He finishes.
She takes her bottom lips in her teeth at the confession, feeling a sort of warmth she never felt before, and don't know how to accept. "I love you, Lexi."