Part 37

"Well isn't that just grand?"
All four of them turn around seeing Lauren standing there. Her shoulder broad, her neck long, and her look can kill as she stares at Niall.
Niall grabs Lexi's hand behind his back as Lauren slowly walks to them. Lauren turns to Niall again after glancing at Lexi and for a moment her face soften, before her glare turns stone cold again.
"It's good to see you here today. It's been a long time." She says through clenched teeth.
Niall doesn't reply her.
"Congratulations on your project. It's honestly about time." Lauren tells Lexiwith the straightest face ever.
"Thank you." Lexi whispers holding onto Niall's hand.
Something inside Lauren ticks when she sees them holding onto each other and when Niall thinks she's about to blow up, she gives them a big, blood-chilling smile.
"I saw you guys," She giggles, "All lovey dovey to each other all the way from over there." She dramatically circles her hand in the air pointing to somewhere in the back where she was.
"You guys looks so cute together." She smiles.
Lexi gives her friend a smile back and Lauren smile drops.
"It makes me sick." She bitterly spits.
Niall looks at her warningly earning a laugh as she brushes off his threatening look, walking so slowly towards Lexi.
"Did he tell you?" She whispers, "About us?" She chuckles. "Did he tell you about our little secret?"
Lexi freezes in her spot, and so does Niall. It feels like every happiness in her body has left for a moment and her brain is fuzzy.
For one quick second, she managed to gather the strength to turn around, seeing her parents' confused, concerned, and doubtful look flicking between her and Niall.
She slowly turns to Lauren again. She can already feel her eyes getting blurry but she refuses to be weak in front of her, not today.
"It was a Saturday night. You were away doing your pathetic acting shit. He came over." She smiles tilting her head, her cold green eyes never leaving Lexi's glassy eyes ready to let tears roll down anytime.
"We had a few drinks, watch Friends, and then," She shrugs laughing it off as if it's nothing. "Well I don't need to tell you what happened after." She smiles.