part 56

"I can't believe you sent Millie those tickets. That's one genius way to get me to come."
He lets out a laugh.
"I wasn't even sure you were going with her. I heard from Chris's friend that you guys live together so surely you guys are tight." He says.
"I mean we are also both non-local castmates. I live with one other guy, are you gonna invite him too?" She laughs.
The line suddenly went quiet, although Lexi doesn't notice.
"Oh," He says. "Friend of yours?"
"The best. I'm gonna be so depressed when shooting ends." She tells him leaning her head back sighing. "How's your friends? I miss them actually." She laughs making him does too.
"They miss you too. Especially Oli. He misses his drinking buddy-"
"I barely drank-"
"But you were there and drinking was what he remembered the most."
She chuckles at the memory of the bar.
"And James. I swear he'll only get me that bed in the pub when I win you back."
Lexi stays quiet ignoring his comment.
She misses this, them. Although she would never admit it out loud.
"I miss you."
She sighs.
'You've said that."
'I know," He says. "I just really miss you."
"Niall," She mumbles. She lets out a sigh. "I miss you too." She closes her eyes.
"I know." He hums. "You liked more than one year worth of posts in one go-"
"That wasn't me, that was Millie! I swear to God, she loves you wholeheartedly." She laughs covering her face in embarrassment.
"Aw man," He sings. "Now I'm disappointed." He teases making her chuckle.
"Let me see you." He says suddenly.
"What?"
"Turn your facetime camera on."
She swallows deep, debating.
"Okay." She says.
She taps on the app, waiting for a bit before his familiar face shows on the screen. Both of their walls melt in front of each other's eyes.
"Hi." He barely lets out.
"Hi." She whispers back.
"Wow," He exhale softly. "You're still just as beautiful, if not even mo-"
"Niall," She stops him, looking away from his eyes, clear as ever even through phone. "I'm sorry I," She cuts herself off with a deep laugh.
She doesn't want to go back there with him, not yet. "I've had a long day. It's late here. I think I'm gonna go-"
"Lexi,"
"Good luck on your show." She blurts before frantically ending the call.