"friends"

midoriya POV

"please stop kacchan.." i stutter, glancing up helplessly, my beaten up body frozen in fear.

"get him, katsuki." one of his friends snickers.

"look at him, he can't do shit!"

"please... stop." i plead again as their tall shadows tower over me, my insides curling into a tight knot.

"shut it, deku."
all i can do is wince, covering my head with my arms while i brace myself for what's coming next.

helpless.

i hear quiet sparks quickly turning to balls of pure anger in kacchan's palms as he grimaces.

"ya know what, deku.. you must be some kind of idiot if you think a quirkless brat like you can apply to my school..."

his explosions charred my arms, while i desperately tried to scream for help.

"and you say you wanna be a hero when you can't even fight back?" kacchan chuckles.

"you really are useless aren't ya?"

he finished the job by kicking me in the ribs into the wall he had cornered me on.
i take a sharp breath in and whimper, winded from the blow.
kacchan grins, as if he's proud of what he's done. he stepped closer, and spat in my face.

"by the way.. don't even think about applying to my school.. you out of all people already know what'll happen if you do, right?"

he walks away smugly, with a satisfied look on his face along with his friends.
pain rushed to my head as i felt warm blood trickling from my arms.

"some hero i am..."
i whispered as tears started to well up hopelessly in my eyes.
i noticed my hero notebook was left lying on the floor after kacchan exploded that too.
my uniform half burnt and dirty...
as i started walking, the heavy feeling in my gut and the voices in my head came back again.

tears fall from my eyes, dripping onto the floor.

why are you still trying, izuku?
do you really think you can be a hero?
without a quirk?

"if you wanna be a hero that desperately why don't you take a dive off the roof in hopes you get a quirk in your next life?"
kacchan's words screamed in my head on repeat.

"deku?"

"take a dive off the roof..." i repeated quietly and slowly, my breath shaking.