six

Gimme, Gimme that thing called Love
I crave it

┏━━                                 ‍
EXTRAORDINARY
      ‍       ‍                   ━━┛

"Well my groovy gizmos, you know what time of the year it is! Yep that's right! Final Exam time! But that's not all... no not even close. While you kiddos are jamming your brains with knowledge and fighting techniques to help you soar through the finals for your year, us teechas have been hard at work trying to plan not just a good... not a great...

But the VERY BEST school dance this school has ever seen!

You heard it here first! The annual end of the year school dance for the second and third years is just around the corner and we could not be more stoked! Aren't you?! Lemme hear your YEEE—"

A few members of Class 2-A and 2-B sat around a little radio set on a bench in the training arena. Morioka sat on the ground in front of the radio, criss cross with her elbows on her shins and her chin in her hands. She had a funny sort of smile on her face as she stared at the little radio while the sound suddenly cut out.

"Do you think Present Mic knows that they cut off his screams whenever he gets too loud?" she pondered aloud.

"No," Mei snickered. "He definitely doesn't."

"It's probably best if he doesn't know, though. If he figured that out he'd probably try to find a new way to let us hear him yell." Mirio points out, walking over to the group that had collected around the radio.

He had a towel around his neck and was dressed up in his hero costume, minus the shiny visor he usually had on. Morioka patted the empty spot next to her and he plopped down happily. Everyone else was standing around it, taking a break from their training.

To prepare for finals and give the students some new competitors to train against, the Class 2-A and 2-B teachers decided to conjoin the two classes' training periods for a massive class session. Finals were just around the corner with only a month or so left of cold hard training. The potential Big Three members could hardly focus on anything more than training and studying. For those that knew they weren't in contention for the top three spots at UA, they were stuck training their hearts out just to pass finals like the others. There was no way out for the strays.

However, due to the fact that the class size was so big with only two teachers to manage the students' brawl sessions... the teachers couldn't pay attention to all the stragglers. Case in point: the students huddled around the radio listening to Present Mic's UA broadcast.

Miss Arima and the Class 2-A teacher had their hands full with keeping students from killing each other anyway. If either of the teachers did happen to see the few students slacking off, they probably didn't care. If it was smaller class size however... those students would have their asses kicked.

"Finally he announced the dance!" Mei sighs. "I thought he never would."

Ah yes, the school dance. No first years allowed, however. It was like a sort of prom that every student capable of going wouldn't want to miss out on. The second years were especially excited because it would be their first time in attendance. It also doubled as a sort of send-off for the third years since it is on the last day of school, right after Final Exams.

A grand goodbye to the graduating seniors and a celebratory greeting to the new incoming Big Three.

They didn't have very many dances at U.A. so any chance they got to have a dance was always an elaborate occasion. The teachers were entirely in charge of hosting and designing the dance, making it extra spectacular with a few too many chaperones trying to be cool with the kids. Even Principal Nezu prided himself on being in charge of the disco lights at the dance. It was an odd mashup most of the time, but it was still extraordinary.