thirteen

I need it!
Gimme that thing called Love,
I want it!

┏━━             
HUG
                ━━┛

"You're extraordinary."

"He should be the one crying, not you. He missed out on a wonderful experience at the dance with an even more wonderful girl!"

"They'd be a fool not to love you, Rio."

"You're amazing."

Morioka let out a heavy sigh, holding her eyes closed. Every time she thought of Amajiki and his kind voice and words felt like a punch to the gut. Although, that might be the actual bruise across her stomach that she was feeling right now. Even still, that punch to the gut was just her bottled up longing and guilt for not realizing her feelings for Amajiki sooner.

Her mind was so distracted, she somehow managed to block out all of the events of the Final Exams from her memory. The tests that had lasted hours throughout the day was reduced to a black veil in her consciousness. She had to ask Nejire and Minizawa just to recollect how she had such a massive bruise on her core. They had to remind her that Obara from the other class had managed to slam a giant metal pipe straight into her during one of the Final tests. Considering she had a concussion from the teams event, that might have also been a good reason as to why she couldn't remember most of what happened during Finals. But, she was happy to find out that she passed anyway.

"Ugh," Minizawa groaned from somewhere in front of where Morioka currently sat sulking.

The redhead propped her head up from leaning back on the couch cushion, raising an eyebrow at her two female friends in the room with her. Nejire, Minizawa, and Morioka had all met up at Nejire's house after the test so they could get ready together for the dance later tonight. All three of the girls passed—as well as Mirio and Amajiki—and they were all extremely excited about the dance. To no one's surprise, Nejire, Amajiki, and Mirio all placed within the top three to become the Big Three for next year. However, it was unclear the actual rankings which the trio placed in since the teachers denied to announce it as soon as they were finished. Everyone knew, however, that the three were definitely at the top without the teachers saying a peep.

Nejire didn't even realize that she had placed in the Big Three until Minizawa had told her how obvious it was. It was safe to say that such news put Nejire in an 'over-the-top' sort of attitude.

"What's wrong, Z?" Nejire peeked around the door to her closet to glance at a frowning Mei Aizawa.

Minizawa leaned in super close to the little mirror on Nejire's desk and poked at a newly-forming bruise across the underside of her chin. She winced when she touched it even slightly. She rolled her eyes, groaning again before complaining, "I hate that Mirio was on the other team for my fight. He nailed me right in the jaw and now I'll have this massive bruise for tonight. What the f—"

"Makeup, girly!" Nejire cut her off. "Makeup will cover that bad boy no problem! Trust me!"

Morioka let out another hefty sigh and tilted her head back against the couch, staring up at the ceiling. She was sitting in a rather unladylike position—her legs were spread and she was slouched on the cushion to where her back was curved against the bend of the couch. It was a miracle that she hadn't slid entirely out of the seat.

Minizawa and Nejire stopped and turned towards Morioka simultaneously upon hearing her aggressive sighs. The pair glanced at each other before giggling and inching over to where their best friend slouched.