Chapter 4: Shocked Expression

"I would like to present you all Mrs. Lianne Park of Transcend Corporation!" The emcee said.

We are currently sitting inside a 5 star hotel which the Go's owned and is basically Ms. Lianne's biological family.

At the mention of her name, we all clapped our hands as we anticipate her ascension on the stage. From the far end corner, she then took her steps on the stage wearing a gold shimmering long dress that hugs every curve in her body and really sparkled in the spotlight. Also, the flashes of the cameras of the media here adds the lightings on her dress. Gezz it feels like she's shining and it's blinding my eyes.

As she went on the center, she took the microphone from the emcee and spoke.

"Thank you everyone for remembering my birthday. I'm really glad to see all of your prescence here. I hope you enjoy the party".

And the crowd erupted into an applause. I scanned my eyes into the room and saw a lot of familiar faces. Most of them were celebrities and businessmen who are having their conversation like complementing the party and how Mrs. Go still look young in the age of 50.

Well, no wonder that she still looks young since she's a socialite. She is the only daughter of the founder of the biggest company here in Seoul which is the Transcend Corporation. They own a lot of 5 star hotels here and they are really famous. Not only that she's an heiress but her husband is also the CEO of a Fishing Company, Mr. William Park which makes them as one of the richest families here in Korea. Difinitely she has all the money to stay young.

Also, in case you're all wondering why were we even invited here in her birthday party is because she owns half of the share of our show business company.

I glanced to my side and saw that Ryan's gaze were still fixed on Mrs. Park who is now making her way to the crowd. He seemed so focused and I saw something from behind his eyes though I couldn't point out what is it.

"So? What do they offer here?" I whispered to Ryan who snapped back into reality and looked at me.

He looked great on his black tuxedo with a red long sleeve on the inside. His hair was also waxed giving him a wet look.

"Wait I'll call for the waiter". He said and gestured for a nearby waiter.

He asked the waiter about what food is being serve as dinner for the guests and told him to bring us some as well as two glasses of champaigne. The waiter then hurriedly went on his way and disappeared on the crowd.

"Thanks, there's a lot of people here than I've imagined. It seems like the whole hotel was crowded with a bunch of celebrities and bussinessmen tonight".I said in a low voice.

I need to do that cause you know, we're not only the ones who are in this table. There are also a lot of actors and actresses in the table with us. Some of which were one of my co-stars before in movies and Korean Drama Series though were not close except for some that became at least I can call "Friends".

Ryan was about to reply on my statement when Vanessa, the girl I worked with last year in a drama series (she's my cousin in that drama and also the one who tried to kill me just in the drama of course) spoke.

"You look great tonight Ms. Kim, red really suits you". She said which made the others compliment me as well.

"Thank you Ms. Han, you too. You look stunning tonight". I said and uttered some thanks to the others who are a bit older than me.

"Mr. Go, you're the manager of Ms. Kim right? You really look young". A middle aged woman asked Ryan.

She's an actress as well but I forgot her name. Sorry, I'm not good in remembering names.