Chapter 2: The Contract

"Happy Birthday sweetie!"

My mom told me as she kissed my chubby cheeks. I rubbed my eyes to adjust them from the light which is blinding me and after I opened them, my eyes searched the room.

There, I saw both of them sitting from both of my side but with blank faces. All I see is the light on their faces but I believe they're smiling at me.  It was then that I noticed the heavy thing on my lap, wrapped in a blue paper with a yellow ribbon on the top left. My eyes then went wide and I can't help but to smile, this is really a big day for me.

"Happy Birthday my princess. Always remember that Mommy and Daddy loves you." Dad said before he kissed my forehead.

"Andy? Andy, wake up."

I felt a gentle shove on my shoulder and I was brought back to reality. Just another dream I guess. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Ryan's gaze towards me.

"We're here." He said still gazing at me.

I don't know but I just felt blood rushed into my cheeks. Gladly it was dark here at the parking lot so Ryan couldn't see me blushing.

Gosh, he's just too close.

"Yeah, right. Sorry I fell asleep. Thanks by the way." I said and unfastened the seatbelt.

"It's nothing. Let's go." He said and I nodded.

As soon as I got out of the car, the cold night air touched my pearly white skin and made me shiver. We made our way into the restaurant and  I felt my scarlet dress danced as the wind blew and I hugged my scarf even more to cover my bare back. 

As we drew closer to it, I saw that the place was indeed an elegant one and surely elite people are the only ones coming here. We entered the place and scanned for the two familiar faces we will be meeting tonight.

I scanned the room and my eyes landed unto the man I've been waiting to see. I was rooted into my spot as I trailed into his handsome demeanor. He wears a black coat with a white long sleeve on the inside and a black tie complementing his coat. His hair was neatly combed on the side of his head and my eyes travelled on his lips.

I swallowed the lump forming on my throat and moved my feet towards his direction. He must felt my gaze since he lifted his gaze on his phone and stared at me before he broke into a smile.

Gosh, he smiled at me!

Kyyaaahhhh! What should I do?!

Okay, just stay calm Andy. Act normal just as you did in front of the other guys you've met before.

Inhale.

Exhale.

Inhale.

Exhale.

After my internal battle, I smiled at him in return.

"Mr. Lee and Mr. Park, I would like to introduce you Ms. Andrea Kim." Ryan said introducing me.

I guess they all made their greetings already and I'm the only one left unintroduced.

"I'm so glad to finally meet you Ms. Kim." Director Lee who is a man on his forties shook hands with me.

"Me as well Mr. Lee. It's a pleasure to be working with an outstanding Director like you." I said and I smiled.

"Haha! I like you already Ms. Kim. Oh, by the way this is Mr. Travis Park." He said and tapped Travis on the shoulder.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Ms. Kim." He said as he kissed my hand.

I felt my face heat up from his sweet gesture. Good thing the place is quite dark and was only lit up by a few chandeliers hanging on the restaurant's ceiling.