41

'i hope we both won't go too far, i'm afraid i wouldn't reach you'

I sat alone in the back of the castle, I was tired and grumpy. I didn't want to see Draco and his stupid pins about Potter stinking. It's been days and I had barely slept. If I did, it was mostly in class and I had almost gotten myself detention. I honestly didn't care about  getting into trouble.

I was so afraid of getting into another terrifying nightmare that I skipped sleeping these days. One reason was because the last time that I had nightmares something so similar had happened. I was afraid it was one of those times and more so, I couldn't have Severus by my side with one scream. Another reason was because I was afraid Draco would appear again.

Ah, Draco. I'm not gonna lie, I miss him terribly. He hasn't come up to me since. If anything, we were more distant from one another. And again, he and I have started another mini war against each other. And none of us wanted to surrender.

"Dianna?" I hear Theo's voice from behind. I turn around and see him without his robes. He walks up beside me and sat down next to me.

"What's up? Why are you here when the crowd's out there?" He asks and I smile fakely.

"The crowd get's tiring." I said, looking up in the sky as I brought my knees to my chest.

"You're not asking for my opinion but I'm giving you one, Dianna. You've changed. I don't know if it's for the good or it's a disadvantage." He says and I look at him in confusion. Have I really? I knew I was less colder and less harsh but I didn't know how drastic it was.

"Yeah, you did. You used to be so closed off and your world consisted of you and Draco only. And now you have Daphne,Blaise, me,  and Diggory. It's making you soft. And like I said, I don't know if it's good or bad." He says and I frustratingly shut my eyes.

"Soft? Is that really what happens when I open up?" I ask as I open my eyes and stared at the flowers on the grass.

"Yeah, that's what it does. You know I'm not one to say something in the group but you're not the queen you used to be." He says and I laughed falsely.

"It's good you're opening up but remember we're not exactly the good guys." He says and I stared at him. Nott Sr. was not a good guy nor was he bad, he was simply safe. And I could feel Theo was getting stuck with that.

"Well then I won't open up myself to more people. I should be more like who I was before. That's how it is going to be now. Diggory's the last person I'll show care." I said, trying to convince myself. And somehow it worked as I feel a little boost of confidence. I stood up, with chin high and confidence.

"No Dianna that's not what I meant—"

"Let's go, Theo. The queen's sitting down on that throne again." I said, walking away as I make my way on the crowd once again.

...

As I step foot in the castle again, everyone turned to look at me. I smirk, as I feel the confidence slowly rising up again. It felt so good with my head up high and my condescending smirk back again. I felt a my old sense of superiority back and I've never felt so comfortable. As I strut my way towards  the Great Hall, I could feel everyone looking at me. And I liked the attention, I did not sink.