Chapter 5

It was the next day. No news about Zhavia came up, just the same response as usual. But they ran a lot of tests to check on her brain. Later on that day, Zhavia was with Dr Li. They had just finished a meeting that lasted about an hour and Gabriel- Who was standing patiently outside the white room- watched as Dr Li left the room and walked down the hall elsewhere. He didn't seem to have acknowledged his presence as he walked out. Shortly, Zhavia came out of the room to see Gabriel standing there. They both walked in the same direction that the doctor went but made sure to stay as silent as possible. After the Dr Li turned around the corner, they were stopped by a man.

The man was tall and lanky; his eyes were blue like the ocean and his hair was shot and blonde. Gabriel knew who the man was already, but Zhavia had no clue and felt almost intimidate by his appearance as she timidly stepped behind him. Her eyes looked lank and had no sort of emotion as she stared up at him, puzzled. He tore his eyes away from her and looked at the man who must've asked him a question because he was now staring at Gabriel with utter confusion written all over his freckled face.

"Well?" The man asked, "Peyton is everything okay? You seem a little off the edge".

"Oh no everything's good. Sorry I got a little distracted", he faked smiled.

"Ah you got distracted by this beautiful woman's eyes. Am I right?" The man smirked at Gabriel, before lifting his hand to his mouth, only to see a cup of coffee in his hand.

"What? No it's nothing like that", he glared at him, which made the man chuckle lightly.

"I'm only messing with you, kid. Then again I'm not surprised why you got distracted. She is pretty," he mumbled as he brought the cup of coffee back to mouth, "A patient?"

"No actually. Not legally. She's a guest. She was lost in the woods and no one was able to find files under her name so they just allowed her to be a visitor for now".

"Ah man she's not gonna stay here for long? I was really hoping we could become friends you know", he winked at Zhavia who hid herself even more as if Gabriel was her shield.

"Harden please stop. You're making her feel uncomfortable", he shook his head in embarrassment and held his hand out from behind him, grabbed her arm and lightly yanked her back to the side, pushing her towards the way Dr Li went.

"Oh c'mon! You know this is how I welcome all the the pretty visitors," the man turned to look at Zhavia and said "Hey, my name Quinn Harden and I'm head security around here. My job seems pretty serious and all but trust me when I say", he leaned forward to whisper into her ear but got stopped by Gabriel's arm, "I'm the complete opposite", he winked.

"Okay Harden. You're times up and we have to go", Gabriel said irritatingly staring down at his watch.

Harden lifted both his hands up in the air as if he was surrendering, "Alright alright, geez. Mr impatient, I didn't even get the chica's name. What's your name, baby girl?"

"Stop giving her nicknames. Her name's Zhavia, now if you'll excuse u we have to go".

"Woah there cowboy. Let the lady speak for herself. You're making it seem like she can't talk", Harden pointed out using his cup.

"Because she can't talk to anyone, okay? Something happened to her. Listen, I'll talk about this later. Right now we need to go", and this time Gabriel pushed Zhavia to the next corridor, ignoring any other sayings that Harden had to say.

"Wait, hold up! Where are y'all going in such a hurry anyways?"

"We have a meeting with Li", was all he said until he sped up the pace and the both of them fast walked to the other end of the long corridor before hearing Harden shout out, "I'll see ya later, pretty mama".