Chapter 8

It had been a long day and both Zhavia and Eris stopped by in her office. Doctor Li notified Zhavia earlier on that she was able to attend the celebration party, so Eris dragged her to the shopping mall that was within the institution in an area called the Hub. The Hub was where all workers could enjoy their normal lives. It was ginormous. It had a shopping mall, hundreds of restaurants. The Hub almost seemed like a whole city but instead, it was put in a building. In addition, there were mini clubs on the west wing of the Hub, where a lot eventful parties took place. In fact, the celebration was going to be located there.

When Zhavia and Eris were at the Hub, Eris insisted in buying her a dress for the night yet to come. They went from one shop to another, one floor to the other, back and forth until their legs began to ache from all the walking that they did, so they went back to her office to  relax a little. 

"Thank you so much for the dress you bought me. You really didn't have to", Zhavia thanked as she felt a pang of guilt.

Eris waved her off, telling her it was no big deal and that she was only helping her, knowing that she didn't have the money to actually buy her own dress. This made her feel as though she had no purpose. There was nothing she could do. She couldn't remember what job she used to have and now she felt as though everything was done for her. Zhavia didn't want that. She wanted to feel as though she belonged somewhere and could accomplish many goals if she just worked hard to become a financially, independent woman. 

 "I know it's been hard for you to adjust to this place in such little time, but I promise you, you'll be fine", Eris smiled at her before sitting herself down behind her desk and computer.

"Yeah, it has been. Especially at the beginning, but I guess I'm getting the right amount of help I need to open up a bit more and actually fit in. It's just annoying though, my memory is just jammed", she explained frowning a little as she realized that it's been awhile since her memory had been triggered.

Shaking her head, Eris said, "You need to take your time. Not everything happens overnight", she paused as she looked on the wall to see an impressive art work that had the phrase, "You're a killer scientist" with hearts surrounding the outside of the quote. Swiftly, her eyes diverted to her again, "But seriously, how have you been lately?"

"I've been at ease".

"That's great! I can see that you're slowly progressing socially. You've been around Gabe a lot", she smirked.

"Who?"

Laughing lightly, Eris answered, "Gabriel, silly! It's just what I call him to wind him up when he annoys me".

"Oh. You guys seem pretty close".

"Do not change the topic and make it all about me. It's you! You know, he only talks business with women. He's not the flirtatious type of guy like Harden", she rolled her eyes, "He's more mature, you know what I mean? Like his thinking is unique, unlike any other man I have dated in the past. He's just such an attractive man, but it's unfortunate, he's not interested in anyone in that way", Eris pouted.

"Do you like him?" Zhavia asked.

"Of course I like the guy! I've been obsessed with him since he got here! I know a lot of people were interested with his friend, Jason Toddler. I had to date him to get through to Gabriel", she snarled, kicking her heels off to the side and sitting comfortably on her chair as if she were at home.

"You dated Jason Toddler?"

"Oh you know him?" 

Zhavia shook her head saying, "I overheard a few guards talking about him, that's all. But they never mentioned that you dated him".