Chapter 11

It didn't take long for her eyes to adjust to her surroundings. Zhavia sat up from the bed she was laying on, then realized that she wasn't in her room. There was a badge on the bedside table. Gabriel's room. Slowly, she got out of his bed and headed over to the bathroom, where she cleaned herself up. Just as she got out of the shower and wrapped a spare towel from the side bars, a thought came to mind: You didn't bring any clothes, idiot. Reluctantly, she sped out of the bathroom and back into the bedroom, snatched her phone from the bedside table, phoned up Eris.

Ten minutes later, Eris was in the room giving Zhavia some of her casual clothes and sat down on a chair on the other side of the ginormous room.

"Where's Gabriel?" Eris finally spoke up, "And why are you in his room?" She smirked.

Zhavia groaned a little. She knew exactly how she ended up in his room but was way too embarrassed to even mention or take the chance to think about it, "I don't know. Must've been knocked out from yesterday", she shrugged, before walking back to the bathroom to change.

A few minutes passed and Zhavia had finished changing, tied her hair into a low, loose ponytail. Both Zhavia and Eris, walked to the living room and sat down with coffee in their hands, "You know what tonight is?" Eris grinned happily, "Partyyyyy!" She screamed out loud in excitement.

Not acting phased by her boisterous voice, Zhavia stared at the woman knowing exactly what she was going to be doing tonight. Tonight was going to be the night where they find what they've been searching for.

"Aren't you excited?" Eris questioned, a little puzzled by my lack of excitement. A forced smile made its way  across my face, only to satisfy her and put her at ease rather than be suspicious.

"Of course", Zhavia said, staring out the window.

It was a strange moment for her. Looking outside. She felt like she was stuck indoors, in a cage for eternity. Still trying to fit pieces together, wanting to know where she came from was making her itch. Yet here she was helping a man to find out not about her, but about a building. 

'Hopefully everything you're doing now is worth it at the end'. 

****

Eris looked breathtakingly beautiful. Zhavia was genuinely surprised at the fact that she was single and that no one really had the guts to ask her out. She wore a verdant, long, off the shoulder ball gown that spread across the floor. Her makeup was done to perfection. Everything was flawless. Green glittery eyeshadow matching her outfit. Her short blonde hair was straightened into a bob. She just looked perfect. 

"You look amazing! All the guys are going to be gobsmacked", she gushed as she circulated her around, touching the material of Zhavia's dress.

To be honest, Zhavia felt uncomfortable at first with what she was wearing. Remembering some of the flashbacks she had, she wore makeup and some of her outfits were quite revealing, so she had to come to feel that this was normal for her. Maybe by doing that she'd be able to remember who she was. 

"Thank you", Zhavia blushed lightly, but obviously Eris wasn't able to tell, since her face was caked with makeup. 

"You ready to go in now? Harden saved seats for us", she nudged her side, before linking arms with her. 

Nodding her head in agreement, the two young women stepped into the hall. Their heels clicked against the vast marble floor and soon it came into contact with the red carpet. Zhavia scanned through the hall to see there were security guards in every corner of the room. Surveillance was tough tonight. On the second floor of the hall was where the indoor balcony was. Some people were standing there staring at the large crowd of MIA workers.