Chapter 9

"No way has she got anything to do with any of this!" Harden's voice boomed out in anger. Harden, Zhavia  and Gabriel were in his apartment, "These are assumptions, not actual evidence that she has something to do with...wait what are we actually calling this mission or case should I say?"

"Macbeth",  Zhavia grunted out.

"What? Hell no! Eris isn't Lady Macbeth. How about Mission DC? Only because I love DC".

"Or how about Marvel?" She suggested, shrugging her shoulders.

"Erm... no Mayonnaise", Harden pointed his index finger up as if he came up with an idea.

But Zhavia moved closer to Harden before using her finger to move his down, "Ketchup".

Grimacing, Harden said, "Ew no. Mario".

"Brown", she frowned.

"Can you guys stop? We'll call it Beyoncé", Gabriel butted in.

"No way bro, Rhianna is way better!" Harden argued back.

"Oh please, it's really not that big of a deal. How about Kim?"

"Nope. Kylie", Harden gave a menacing smile, plopping a grape in his mouth.

"Harden, stop. We'll go with Princess Tianna", Gabriel mumbled.

"Nah uh, honey. Prince Naveen. Listen no homo or anything but that guy is absolutely handsome, it's so surreal", he glowered.

"He's not even real".

"So? Kylie's ass isn't real but you don't hear me complaining", Harden lifted both his arms up as if he  was surrendering, earning a quiet giggle from Zhavia for the first time, "Hey would ya look at that. I made pretty mama laugh", he winked at her flirtatiously.

"You know, for a young chief of the frontline security, you really are immature and silly", Gabriel grumbled as he sat down on the leather couch.

Harden sighed then said, "At least I have a bit of normality in my life. You know how this place works. It'll drive you to be just like Joe from You if you're not careful," Gabriel furrowed his thick eyebrows in confusion, making Harden gasp in fake shock, "Don't tell me you haven't watched You. Bro you're missing out! That show is crazy I tell you! Like seriously who knew-"

"Harden could you focus and actually act like an adult for heaven's sake! You're giving me a headache", Gabriel hissed through gritted teeth.

"Okay! Okay!" He threw his hands up in the air again. Paused, "How about Nicki Minaj?"

"Cardi B", Zhavia challenged.

"Saweetie?"

"Megan Thee Stalion".

"Wow, there shawtie! Didn't know you had all those people up in your pretty mind, mama", he wrapped his arm around her.

Instantly, Zhavia shrunk back, feeling uncomfortable by the touch. Gabriel noticed the movement and walked over to where they were standing and stood between them, "Listen, there's no time for us to play around. Forget about the name of the mission. What evidence did you find in her office?"

"I found a needle. The one you use for vaccinations. Also, I definitely think that she had something to do with Jason Toddler's disappearance", Zhavia answered frowning a little as she took a step back to regain her personal space.

"No. I refuse to believe", Harden shook his head.

Speechless, Zhavia took out her phone and showed the photos that she took as evidence, "Isn't that her office?"