Cat Chapter 6

The demon keep running. He was running from something. Something he knew he stand no chance against. He didn't care about his meals now. He only care about surviving here.

The demon didn't got too far. He may be fast but the predator was faster, much more faster that it pisses him off.

It was overcome with fear of course.

The first moment, he was almost out of the village into the forest. The next he was down on the ground, beheaded, dissolving into nothing.

"Damn you!!" The demon screamed. "I'll kill you fucking slut!! You'll be begging for mercy when I get my hands on you..!"

He froze when glowing green eyes made contact with his.

The woman's back was turned to him, her silver blade coated in blood stabbing through his detached body so it won't attack again. Their long hair put into a low ponytail, falling down flat on her black haori with gray spots on the lower hem with the slayers uniform underneath.

It was her single eye turned to him that made him froze though. They weren't dead and cold or fierce and determined and angry like usual slayers when looking at a demon. They weren't innocent and forgiving either.

They have a spark, something easy yet malicious.

"Funny, you were almost begging for your shitty life earlier." That woman she was mocking him– "Aww is the smawl wittle demon cwying?" She smirked.

The demon gave a final scream of frustration before he was completly gone.

Hotaru sigh, sheathing her sword to her back. She groaned while massaging her shoulders and cracking her neck.

That was her second demon this night, eight demon of the week. She hadn't seen the forehead kid since almost two weeks ago. That was troublesome. Urokodaki assigned her a mission to protect the kid and where she is now?

Something landed on her shouldet and she deadpan at the crow looking at her innocently.

"Don't tell me it's another mission." She growled.

The crow, Sanzo, cawed in affirmation. "South east." Unlike some crows, hers luckily knows how to be quiet. But he's a little bitch.

"I will skin you one day." She grumbled, heading to where her mission will be next. The little bitch just flapped it's wings, knowing that she actually wouldn't. She could, but she wouldn't. So much faith...

The walk was quiet. The sun was slowly rising and Hotaru was tempted to just roll around the grass and bath in the sweet sun. She like the warmth of the sun.

Maybe she can finish the mission faster and do nothing and sleep. Yeah, that's sounds great.

Guess who she found in the middle of the road?

Yeah, little forehead and crybaby.

So it's finally that mission.

"What the fuck is happening here?" She irked.

Tanjiro was holding back a woman who looks to be ready to beat up the poor boy on the ground, who was crying nonstop. And they're all shouting.

Tanjiro lightened up. "Hotaru-sa– please calm down for a moment." He begged the trashing woman in his arms.

"When did I ever tell you that I liked you?" She yelled at Zenitsu, and Hotaru just wanted to crawl on a hole and die when the boy hid behind her. "I only talked to you because I thought you were sick when I saw you squatting on the side of the road!!"