18. Closer♡

Hello sweeties.

How are you guys? I hope everyone's fine. Stay healthy guys.

Now without any further ado. I present to you the most awaited dhamaka chapter.

I hope you like it.

Have fun reading.

☆♡◇♧●♧◇♡☆

After dropping Manik in the guest room Nandini went to look for a spare shirt or something oversized which would fit Manik. Her mind was blank as she shuffled through her wardrobe.

She found some 2 to 3 shirts and went to the guest room again.

"Here you go. These are the few shirts I found. I hope they fit." Nandini spoke while Manik nodded at her as he took them from her hands. He looked at her silently while Nandini gave a worriedly smile.

"Alright then, tell me if you need something," Nandini told him before going back to her room.

Nandini plopped down on the bed and laid down beside Ayaan. Thunders roared in the sky but Nandini could hear nothing.

Why did she wish for Manik to stay?

I mean rationally there was no reason. He could have gone home even now. But I wanted him to stay? Like Nandini Murthy are you out of your mind!

I mean yes he has been around most of the time and Ayaan loves him.

But that's completely unrelated to him staying at her home.

God!! It's so frustrating. I mean do I like him or anything?

Before I thought of him as a molester but after all these interactions, I feel he is just 'okay'.

After almost 6 years, he is the only new person that entered her personal life. Maybe a crush? Or just a friendly attachment?

She pondered for a while when she felt something move from her right.

"Mumma," Ayaan muttered in his sleep while hugging her arm and nuzzled his head.

This made her smile and her thoughts dispersed momentarily.

Ayaan opened his eyes slightly as he looked at her. Nandini patted his stomach with her other hand. And gradually Ayaan fell asleep again.

"There is nothing more important for me than your happiness, baby. Not even me." Nandini whispered closing her eyes while her thoughts about Manik ceased completely.

☆♡◇♧●♧◇♡☆

At the same time, in the guest room.

Manik was lying on the bed looking at the ceiling.

He couldn't sleep. It was his first time sleeping at someone's house other than Cabir's.

He turned towards his left and closed his eyes.

*One sheep, two sheep, three sheep, four sheep...*

*Ping

He opened his eyes and stretched his hand to reach his phone on the table beside the bed.

It was Cabir.

Message -

Manik, Where are you? I am at home. You didn't come back?

Manik sighed before typing -

I am staying at Nandini's.

Message -