Chapter Twelve

"No!!! CAS! HELP US!" Dean shouted from the abandoned building they were in.

They all looked at Dean as he breathed in and out deeply. The TV turned off. Even the demons were silent.

"He's not coming" a demon spat out smiling.

And right then, as if the stars aligned just to prove that one demon wrong, a cracked light broke open and streamed into the open space.

The boys and Bobby turned their heads away and closed their eyes so as not to be blinded. The light faded and there was silence.

Tom looked up first. "What the..." His eyes grew wider with every second after he realized what he had just seen.

"Cas. Get us out of these chains", Sam spoke almost immediately.

The man in the trenchcoat lifted his hand, palm outstretched to the ceiling, and the chains suddenly unlatched, falling to the ground.

Tom blinked.

The brothers jumped out of their chairs and started running until they were out of sight, down the hallway.

Bobby took his time. He sat there massaging his wrists. "Mah joints don't work lak they used to no more". He laughed it off. He stopped laughing when he looked up at Tom (wide-eyed and just standing up).

"What? Never seen an angel b'fore?". Tom just stared at him. "Well, get used to 'em. If yur anywhere near this family, yur bound to run inta a few supernatural things here and there". He winked at Castiel, who looked confused as to why Bobby just winked at him.

"What is going on?", Cas asked in his low scruff voice.

"Our baby girl has been kidnapped and tortured. That's what!", shouted Bobby back in a sarcastic tone. "How about you?"

Cas' face just contorted and became filled with worry. "Where is she?" he asked.

Dean and Sam sprinted down the hallway, checking every door as they went.

"Come on!", Dean grunted under his breath.

"She's here somewhere." Sam spoke frantically as he opened a door to a closet. Again, another empty room.

"Sam..." Dean said.

Sam turned around to look at his brother.

A door was opened in front of Dean, as he pointed his gun inside. He picked it up off the ground after Cas took off their chains. It revealed a dark, concrete stairwell leading down into what seemed like a basement. Dean jerked his head sideways queuing Sam to come on.

Sam cautiously walked down the stairs, careful to not trip because of his abnormally long legs.

Dean followed.

At the bottom of the stairs, there was another door. But this one was a large, reinforced, steel door. Sam looked back up at his brother; Dean nodded.

Sam grabbed the metal latch and pulled hard on it. He put his whole body weight into it and finally got it to open. Dean ran in, Sam close behind.

In the back corner of the large empty cell they saw their sister. Brooklyn was not moving. Her body just laid there limp.

The boys ran over to her. Tom, Cas, and Bobby had then came into the room.

She wasn't breathing.

"No!" Sam screamed out.

"Oh God..." Dean mumbled. He threw his gun down and ran around to the other side of the table where there was a little bit more space. Sam was looking down on his sister. He touched her arm.