Chapter Eight

(Sorry, this is a pretty long chapter but it's intense)

Later the next day, Brooklyn was discharged. Dean already fixed up the car, so it worked now. Sam walked her over to the car.

"Hey, um... Dean might pester you about yesterday." he warned.

"What about yesterday?" she asked, though she had the slightest impression as to what it might be.

"Nevermind."

They got to the car and Bear practically jumped on her. "Hey baby!" His long tongue lathered her face in slobber. "Sto-Stop!" she cried, laughing. He sat down obediently.

They got in the car and drove out of the parking lot.

"We got some help on where to find Gabriel." Dean said. "He's up in Ohio. So we'll head there first." He pressed a button and his music began to play.

They drove for about an hour and Brooklyn decided to pry for questions.

"Hey, guy?"

"Yeah?" Dean responded. Sam looked back at her.

She began to pet Bear's ears as she spoke. "You know what Gabe said about our little "rendezvous" together?"

Dean slammed the brakes. He turned around too. "About that."

"We know." interrupted Sam. She noticed anger and guilt flickering in their eyes.

"Oh.."

"I am so, so sorry, Brook", Sam emphasized.

"I shouldn't have given you the keys. It was my fault. I should have been there."

They were honestly concerned and upset about it. They knew their sister, and they knew that she wouldn't do anything like that with an enemy.

Sam held his hand out and she grabbed it. He grept tight. "It won't happen again."

"Guys, I know you are concerned. But I'm 21 and I can handle myself. You will always be my brothers and I know that. You will never stop protecting me, but sometimes I'm going to need a little more leash."

There was silence. "Well, about that. We respect everything you ask of us. And I, personally, will try to let you loose every now and then. But my biggest concern is why you didn't tell us about it. Not about what he made you do, but about..." he hesitated, "you."

"I didn't want to worry you."

"Well it does." Sam explained.

"How? If I didn't tell you then you wouldn't be worried about it."

"Well it's kind of crucial to finding hazel-eyes, Brook." Dean said.

"Do you think I want to called a monster, a creature?!" she said a little too loudly, sounding a little upset.

"We all are." Sam said. "But at least you're not all evil."

She became ashamed and leaned back.

Dean came back in saying, "I understand that it's all hard to take in, but it's easier if you tell someone."

"Dean, you didn't talk to anyone about your experience in hell. Sam, you didn't talk to anyone about your little demon blood issue. Why should I be any different? Some people handle their stress, their mistakes, a little differently. I, personally, would like to keep it all to myself. If you could just understand that one little thing. Please?" she pleaded.

Dean swallowed. He turned back around towards the road, started up the engine. "You're a Winchester. I can't blame you and I won't."

Sam looked out the window, contemplating her request. She dug into his eyes. "Please, Sam."