Chapter Eighteen

Bzzt. Bzzt.

She ignored it. The blonde demon looked down at her phone that laid between their seats. Brooklyn was driving the Jeep, one hand on the wheel and the other was on her lap. Her eyes stayed forward.

"I know you probably don't want me asking, but do your brothers know what you're doing?" He finally asked.

"No. I don't plan on telling them".

"Okay" he hesitated but went on, "Are you going to at least pick up the phone? It says you have 9 missed calls from Sam and 4 from Dean".

She glanced at her phone and thought about it. She looked back, "No."

She pulled into a store and turned the ignition off. "Wait here. I'll be right back". The demon listened and stayed in his seat as she got out and went inside.

After a couple of minutes she came back out with a few bags of items. She closed the door and turned the car back on.

"What'd you get?" Harrison asked, curious.

"Just a little bit of first aid stuff that I don't even know if I'm going to use".

"Cool" he said. "Let's head back to the bridge. Then I'll take you to my boss."

As she was driving, the demon couldn't really take his bright eyes off of her. He slid his hand over the center compartment and onto her lap. She froze for a second, and smiled. She wrapped her hand in his.

Then they made it back to the bridge. They got out.

😶😶😶

"Dean, I've tried calling Brooklyn, but she isn't picking up" Sam was worried.

"Well, have you considered that she might be reading? When she has her nose in a book, it's almost impossible for her to come back to reality."

Sam responded, "Dean. She's been gone all night".

"Yeah, you got a point. I'll try calling her" Dean got up from his bed and grabbed the phone on the dresser. He dialed in his sister's number and waited. And waited. No response. Straight to voicemail.

"Ok yeah, something's up", he admitted.

"Yeah", Sam confirmed. He sighed and put his hands on his hips.

"How about Tom? Do you think she went to Tom?"

"I don't know, but we can call him".

Sam took out his phone and put it on speaker. He had stolen Tom's number back when he was hanging out with them. For... safety reasons. The phone began to ring.

"Hello?" Tom answered.

"Hey!", Dean's voice was low and growly. "Is Brooklyn with you?"

"Um, what? Who's Brooklyn?"

Sam and Dean looked at each other. Sam raised an eyebrow and spoke, "Our sister... This is Sam and Dean, remember?"

"Um, no. I don't think I know you. It's strange. Some girl named Brooklyn called me last night, but I have no idea who she was. Are you prank calling me? Damn. Now I'm going to have to get a new number".

He hung up.

Dean rolled his head back and sighed. Sam said, "Well, that's definitely not right. Something's up"

"Yeah, and if she called him last night and he didn't know who she was..."

"She would try to figure out what was going on", Sam finished. They looked at each other, and realized.