Chapter -1

"Alright, it's 12 noon. Deal?"
I couldn't look at him. It was hard enough listening. I kept staring at the beauty in front of me, even though I could feel his eyes on me. I wanted to answer though every nerve of my body asked me to run far away. 

The rumble of water was all my head could focus on. The godly sun did no justice. The birds chirped everywhere and standing among every madness nature could muster, I still heard him. 

I hesitated, my heart was beating fast, I was almost afraid that he's going to hear it too. What do you do when you want to rely on your heart rather than your always technical brain? What do you do when everything you've ever wanted stood right in front of you, or in this case, right beside me. A man who was as crazy as I always dreamt to be one day.

I stopped thinking. I had to. I knew if I kept rummaging the thoughts, I will back off. I did not want to. It was a risk worth taking. The water still rumbled, its waves striking on the bottom of the cliff every few seconds. It radiated cold so strong, I felt it in my heart standing high on the cliff. My thoughts seemed to have a sound of their own. The surroundings ultimately reached to the limits and the sounds turned to a shrill. I felt the need to scream to calm down the storm that stirred. Somehow, adding more to the sound to diminish it made sense then.  

For the first time in my life, I trusted my heart and told my brain to go to hell. If I wanted my life to be like one in those once in a lifetime books, I gotta take the once in a lifetime risks. 

" Let's do this."
I said and turned towards him. We remained silent for a couple of moments, absorbing the meaning of the deal I just agreed to. And then I saw his lips turned upwards just enough for me to notice. He turned to me and held my hand. I felt several emotions just by touching him. Nervousness, excitement, fear, happiness all at once. He held his hand up, counting up to three, my heart racing with every finger he raised.The shrill, the sound, everything turned quiet then. As if it had all been a dream till now, like the shrill existed just for me, till the time I wouldn't let go off it. I pushed them all aside, and smiled ear to ear. And just as he finished, we jumped.