fifteen !

hi loves before i start i just wanted to talk about what is going on in the world rn. it is crazy to me that racism is still a problem in this world today. and it frightens me that poc have to deal with this discriminations. so here is fully what i have to say about the situation and i definitely will speak on it more. i'm putting it here because some people don't follow me or look at my message board and i just wanted my support and words to be heard.

 i'm putting it here because some people don't follow me or look at my message board and i just wanted my support and words to be heard

i'm not black, but i see you.
i'm not black, but i hear you.
i'm not black, but i mourn with you.
i'm not black, but i will fight for you.

𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

VALENTINA'S POV -
i lay my head on top of dixie's as she falls into a deep sleep. my mom texted me once again saying she could be in California by the end of the day. this is it, i have to tell dixie.

i'm not going to tell her about the chase thing, she will find that out but i don't have the strength to tell her. i don't want to make this any harder than it could be. i decide to close my eyes holding onto dixie for as long as i could. the more i try the only thing i can think about is how chase knew about my New York. yeah, i told him that was a place i would love to end up at but i never fully told him the extent of what i would do there.

someone had to tell him and i have an idea of who it was. why can't anything ever go my way? chase always stripped anything good that came into my life.

i lay there what felt like hours until i felt her stir in my arms. she stretches and looks up at me with sleepy eyes not expecting what is coming.

i rub my hand down her back before letting all the words i have to say out.

"um and i don't know how to really say this but i got an opportunity in New York and i'm taking it. i'm leaving tomorrow so we need to talk. it's probably best if we break up or like take a break."

i see tears start to collect at her waterline. her normal sturdy brown eyes start to turn soft, into puppy dog ones.

"w-what do you mean? i thought we were okay, i thought we were doing good. i thought you were going to stay with me here! i need you. why are you leaving me? why are you telling me now?"

she rants and has her yells and anger shown. tears starting to slowly start to spill out of her eyes. i go to wipe them and she smacks my hand away.

"dixie i didn't really know until earlier. please hear me out."

she turns her head away to try to collect herself before she turns back.

"no, you don't want us from what it seems like so we're done. i'm not listening because i don't care anyone, i'm forcing myself not to care so you can go live. i hope you have a good life and a good time in New York."

i open my mouth wanting to scream how much i loved her and how chase is forcing me to leave. how much i want to i can't. i'm doing it for her, my friends, and family.

"dixie..." i start out wanting to give her somewhat of an explanation without telling her really what's going on. if she knew she would stomp out of the room to find chase and do god knows what.

"no, just get out!"

i couldn't fight with her anymore. this is my ticket out. i get up and walk towards the door but she grabs my arm, pulls me back and leaves a hard slap on my right cheek.

it's what i deserve, i don't react rudely towards her after i hold my cheek and let my tears stream down my face while pulling the hood of my hoodie over my head.

i close the door behind me making my way down the stairs as fast i could. running and rushing my way out the door but before i could make it out i see chase sitting on the couch staring at me with an evil smirk over his face. oh what i would do to see him in pain and with zero support.

i ran to my car, slamming the door behind me starting it and driving away as fast as i could.

[A/N]
sorry this took so long. it was hard for me to have creativity to write but now i have a few ideas down and the next chapter started. the sequel to this book is in my drafts ready to be posted!

THERE IS ONLY 1-2 MORE CHAPTERS LEFT OF THIS BOOK.

love you all. stay safe! if you need to talk to anyone please feel free to pm me.

-gia