CHAPTER 7

Chandrika pov:
After they went off my parents asked my opinion about this proposal. I said I want some time. Then they said that they are happy with this proposal and liked it and asked me to think about it and say by evening. Then we sat for lunch and ate it. My grandpa went to my relatives home. I finished my lunch fastly and went to my room. I thought about how he said he liked me and accepted my antisocial nature.From my childhood I imagined many things about my marriage.If I say I like romance no one will believe me but they don't know the real me right!

But I hate idea of romance before marriage may be bcz of my family or surroundings but who wants to miss a romantic moment with their husband tell me of course I am not.

He understood me his sis is my bestie and from her I know their family is very jovial and modern in thinking and doesn't oppose us if we are right. They are not typical in laws with their elder daughter in law.Also I should admit that he is handsome in his way. And moreover my biggest dream getting a joint family as I am always alone and my dad is single child to grandparents will get fulfilled.I should marry one day to anyone so why not him.

I said ok to my parents in the evening. Next day we got call from them and it is a yes. I already know this.They are coming tomorrow evening for finalising wedding dates with priest.I went to clg with a smile on my face which is never leaving which is a shock to many one.

Niki called me very excited and started to tease me with her brother name. I blushed and she hooted gaining some patients attention. I have purposely avoided going in his way even when he came to our department.He is searching for me but not finding me he went off disappointed.

Evening I went home and got ready as they will come in an hour and helped my mom in preparing food as they will be having dinner here itself. My maternal grandparents, mavaya and athaya had also came with their kids.I talked with them sometime and then his family came.Priest also came after sometime.He said as per our jathakam the dates are within one month or after 6 months.

I thought everyone will go with later but no he called his mom outside and God knows what they talked for sometime and they came in.
Siddharth pov:
I am very happy as she accepted this proposal.I don't have her number, I thought to ask her in hospital instead as if I ask Niki she will tease me so much.But I was disappointed when I can't find her.Evening we went to her home and she is looking beautiful I say. She looked at me when she thought I am not noticing her but I caught her staring at me and she blushed hiding her face.

When priest said either in 1 month or we we have to wait for 6 months, I thought to say first one. But all seem to go with later.But I can't live far from her for more 6 months hell I am even ready for a simple temple wedding tomorrow and make her mine.So I called my mom out and said I want to marry her in 1 month. She said it will not be possible as there are many things to do before. But I was adamant and said if she want to get me married do it in one month or I'll stay single forever and also asked her to make her parents say yes to it.She knows how stubborn and adamant I can be so she agreed to me and said she always wants to bring her home as soon as possible. I smiled at her and went inside.

When we went inside all are curious to know about us.My mom said about it and after a lot of convincing her family finally agreed. Yay!!! 😊But all this time she is staring at me with different emotions which I don't understand it's not definitely love or admiration or like I know. I know I haven't given her chance to decide about it but trust me these girls will never leave their parents and she may say well get married after 6 months. Even my sister was same at her time.I can say sorry to her afterwards. So it's decided engagement in 10 days marriage in 1 month.Then they said we should do engagement and marriage shopping done in next 2 days as it is big work. Next we have done with our dinner and after talking for sometime we daparted to our home but I am little disappointed as she didn't even looked at me. After coming home all my family took a class for me fir being adamant. Niki also scolded me how I didn't get to know about chandus opinion.
I called my akka and bava and said them to come packing their bags. And they said they will reach by tomorrow evening. I slept very happily with an assurance that she will be with me in a month.

So how is the chapter?
So what do u all think about dowry in today's generation?
Plz do vote and comment and support me....... Share it if u like my story
Hope the story is not boring