4

wattpad has dark mode now and it's scary, sobs

T.K.O's POV

Class has officially began. I sat at a desk, the back precisely since i don't want to deal with any kids. Some kids looked happy meeting their friends again, some weren't. Probably because they were just dumb and confused or just separated from their friends.
It's not like i care, right? Who needs them anyways-

"Hello and welcome back to school!!" The teacher says, oh cob she sounds so annoying- "I am your homeroom teacher, Mrs Smith!" Please let her stop talking- "Now i'll be calling role! Make sure you raise your hand and say 'here'!"
The teacher goes down the students' names. Some said 'Here' some didn't, probably because they were shy. Meh.
"Alright..K.O?"
"Here!"
"Oop! There you are!" She marks his name off the list, "Okay...T.K.O??"
"here" I mumbled and raised my hand a bit
"Where- Oh! I didn't see you there for a sec!" As always "Okay last one on the list, Dendy??"
"Here!"
"Okay great! Now i'll explain what's going to happen today so pay attention!"

The teacher began to rant how the day will go. I obviously ignored her, because who would wanna hear the teacher speak?
Cob someone just end me already.

"In the mean time, take this time to make some new friends! Or talk to your old ones if they're still in here!" Oh great. People. Yippee

I saw some kids moving around to talk to someone or just meet someone new. I stayed where i was at. I don't plan on making friends. Or at least i was told. Who would wanna be friends with me? I'm just some messed up kid who happened to live with an abusive and toxic family. Funny, I laughed.
I decided to put my head down and just not talk, since i knew that no one would bother talking to me. I don't exactly know why they don't want to talk to me. Maybe it was that stupid Fink. Or maybe they found out how i'm such a huge monster to my family. Who knows? Why do i care?

"Hey"
"Oh cob not you again"
"C'mon ya lonely brat, i cant keep company?"
"Don't you get when i 'don't want to deal with anyone' it means i don't want to deal with anyone. Now leave."
"Butttt, i am you thought. You do have to deal with yourself!"
I paused for a bit and buried my face into my arm, "..Just shut up.."
I could hear some cackles from them. "Just leave already, i don't want to deal with you nor anyone.." I ran my hands through my hair, I was already feeling stressed from this dude. "Just think of something else" I mumbled to myself
"Well what's there to think? You've already got an abusive family. What? Wanna think of how your Dad might, y'know, maybe slice you up more! Or maybe even try something new! Like burning you!!"
I continued to ignore them. But they got louder and louder. Just having those..thoughts of what Dad'll do just...scares me-

I felt a tap on my hair, which made me jump up with fear, "DONT DO-" I looked at him. He had a weird hairstyle, his hair was...up?? He wore a red bandana over it, weird- He also wore a white tank-top with a blue sweater, which wasn't zipped, and some dark blue pants. "...that-" i mumbled. I could feel my face burn a bit
"No no stop thinking of that! I'm not gay! ...Am i...?"
"Is everything alright back there?" The teacher calls as she stood up
"Yup! He just felt startled that's all!" He said. Cob he sounds kinda cute... The teacher sat back down, doing whatever. I looked away with a slight blush, since some kids were giggling about me. "Oh! I'm so sory for scaring you like that! I just wanted to talk to you!"
"...Talk?" I said lowly.
"Mhm! I'm K.O.!" He smiles
"Oh..you're that one kid who's always so energetic and such in elementary, right?"
"Yes! But uh, you knew me from elementary??"
"Y-Yeah...I guess you just havent uh, seen me there before"
"Oh! You're probably right!" As always "Oh cob, i haven't catch your name! What's your name???"
"..T.K.O-"
"Hey that name sounds nice!" I looked at him with a "Really" face, he nods with happiness . Did he really read my face expression-?

I looked at him for a bit, then, something that changed me happened.
I smiled at him.
I never smile at anyone. Not even myself
But K.O..He was different...
He smiles back. Cob- I think he's special to me now-

"Looks like someone's got a crushhh~"
"Shut it you" I said to myself

"Okay class, now we have to go to a special event now! Just leave your bags here and we'll meet at the gymnasium for the event!"
Everyone left their bags and left, course i waited to be the last.

I walked out of the class, alone of course. Actually...I kinda wanted that K.O kid to come with me.. He did seem, nice, unlike the others. Oh well, why did i bother thinking that he'll be my friend?

"Hey wait!" I felt someone grab my hand, which made me turned around with fear
"DONT-" Oh- it's that K.O kid. "...never mind-"
"Gee, you get scared easily huh?"
"Uh..I guess..?" I could hear him giggle a bit
"That's okay! I get scared easily too!" I couldn't help but smile at him again. What's wrong with me-? I shook my head then noticed that he still had my hand
"Can you um..let go..?" I pointed at out hands
"Oh yeah! Sory about that!" He laughs nervously, I blushed when he let go. I actually didn't mind him holding my hand..
"So...aren't we supposed to get going-?"
"Mhm! I'll take us!" K.O starts to take lead, I followed from behind

Why did i feel so safe with him-?
My other "friends" made me feel so uncomfortable and unsafe when i'm with them
But K.O is different...Is this a good thing?

...

No it's not.